C.46

C.46 || L-O-V-E

Hazel

"Do not forget August, 12:30."

"I'm not gon' forget."

"Okay, you're saying that now but-"

He smacked his lips to cut me off."But what?"

"Don't get smacked."I pointed a finger in his face.

With a sly smirk on his face he unexpectedly took my hand and moved it closer to his face, placing that same finger in his mouth before sucking the butter from the popcorn off of it.

I shook my head at him as he took my finger out of his mouth."Just nasty, trifling."

He playfully flicked his tongue at me then puckered his lips for a kiss. Chuckling to myself I leaned up and kissed him.

We both sat–or laid–in his theatre room relaxing, not paying the movie on the screen any mind as it played the old romantic comedy.

I could hear Chandra and the girls all talking from upstairs, most likely playing with their toys with Chandra watching over them. I asked if she wanted to join us but she preferred to be locked away in the room with the girls, or in other words, be distracted by the girls.

Her and her children were stayin' at August's until she decided on what she wanted to do as far as being with Melvin went.

August, though reluctant, allowed Melvin to stay too.

It's been awkward as hell for the past few days but we've all been trying to make it work for the sake of the kids.

"I'm being serious though August. I had to do a lot to schedule that meeting with the school so get her there on time."

"12:30 and not a minute late."He smirked.

"Don't look like that."

"Like what?"He chuckled."I'm not lookin' like nothin'."

"You know what I'm talkin' about."I rolled my eyes."Did you talk to your publicist and second agent today like I told you to?"

"I did."He nodded.

"And?"

"They liked your choice."

"Really?"I smiled.

"Mhm."He hummed."She met all of our standards, doesn't hold too many clients, and is age appropriate."

"Why say age appropriate?"

"You want me with a young agent?"

"..Does it matter?"

He smirked."Dat depend on how jealous you might get."

"Jealous?"I reared my head back."Excuse me?"

"You heard me. You know what these young broads have on they mind now and days. You ain't gon' let that fly."