C.55

C.55 || Happy Birthday August

August

Rolling over in my bed I snuggled my head more into the cold pillow. Reaching my arm out across the bed, I felt around for the long pillow I usually held.

Grabbin' it, I attempted to pull it close to me only to realize it wasn't the pillow, or at least it ain't feel like it.

Slowly opening my eyes to see what it was, I quickly sat up after seeing it definitely wasn't the pillow.

"Morning."She smiled.

I blinked twice, staring right at her sitting on my bed.

"What?"She laughed, tilting her head at me."Missed me?"

I felt my face shift from shock to happy before I attacked her with a hug.

"Woah, alright alright."She laughed, hugging me back.

I heard small feet runnin' up the hall before my room door burst open.

"Daddy you up!"

Smiling, Treasure came running up to the bed before she joined the pile.

"He can't even talk because he's so shocked baby."Hazel laughed.

"We surprised you huh?"Treasure smiled.

"Y'all did."I chuckled.

"Go ahead and get your present from downstairs while daddy gets up."Hazel told Treasure.

"Okay."

Climbing off the bed we heard her run down the hall in the opposite direction.

I finally let go of Hazel but grabbed her hand and led her to the bathroom in my room.

She took a seat on the small couch next to the door and watched me do my usual mawnin' routine.

"I always thought you brushed your teeth weird."

"Why?"I chuckled.

"Because you do."She shrugged.

"If you say so."I shook my head.

I used mouthwash after brushing my teeth then used a small towel to wipe my face clean.

"All done now Miss America?"She teased, standing up from the couch.

"You got jokes huh?"I hopped up on the counter.

"I'm just messin' with you."She laughed, standing between my legs with her arms wrapped around me.

"So what I been missing?"

"Well it's only been a week but I did get the chance to talk to Damon about Senoria."

My eyes got big."For real?"

"Yeah."She frowned."He broke up with her but I feel bad cause I waited too long and it seemed like he really liked her no good ass."