C.32

C. 32 || Happy Birthday Hazel prt. 2

Hazel

He looked at me up and down before he placed his hands in his pockets.

"Hazel,"He cleared his throat,"nice to see you again."

"Wish I could say the same."I mumbled.

He didn't really change much from the last time I saw him. Maybe got a lil taller but that was about it.

"So how are you now? I mean, you should be twenty maybe twenty-two now, right?"He started to walk up to me.

"Twenty-three today."I informed him.

It was like I wasn't even talkin' to my dad; The man who was supposed to raise me and protect me all the while teachin' me about life. The man who was supposed to care about me the most and not let anybody eva' put me down. The man who was supposed to be my first love that I also looked up to with the upmost respect because he did what he had to do as a father.

Sadly, the man in front of me couldn't even remember my damn birthday.

That only reminded me of how much he wasn't shit. Standin' hea' tryna talk to me as if he even knows who I am.

"Oh right. Today is your birthday."He chuckled."I remember because Howard used to-"

"Listen Huegh,"I addressed him by his first name as he sighed and lowered his head,"Let's not go thea' today okay? If all you wanna know is if I'm doin' good then the answer is yeah."

"You know even though we have built this distance between us I still think you should respect me enough to-"

"Respect you?"I scoffed."Nigga fuck you!"

My outburst caught August's attention so he picked Treasure up in his arms and came ova' to me.

"What's wrong? What happened?"He asked while lookin' between me and Huegh.

"And you think we built a distance ova' the years?"I shook my head with a smile."Thea' was no we in the situation. You and Leslie decided to kick me out, I didn't just up and leave!"

"That is your mother and I am your father so don't you go-"

"Dad I found what I wanted!"A young girl came joggin' up the aisle. She looked up from the phone case she had in her hand and noticed how tense everything looked."What's goin' on?"

"Nothin' baby girl,"He put his arm around her shoulder,"just go wait for me in the front okay?"

"Okay."She looked between me and him again before walkin' away from us.

"Wow."I chuckled in disbelief."So instead of reconnectin' with me y'all just said fuck it, let's replace her."

"That isn't how it went. You never-"

Shuttin' my eyes while holdin' my head down I pinched the bridge of my nose."Just shut the fuck up. Shut up. I don't even wanna talk to you no more man."

"Hazel I think we should get outta hea',"I felt August wrap his arm across my shoulders to bring me back towards him.

"I do too. I don't have shit else to say to his bum ass."I snapped right in front of Huegh's face. He sighed heavily to himself then backed away from me to go to meet up with his new daughter.