C.40

C.40 || Welcome To Disney World

August

"So yeah, das' whatchu said."I sighed afta' it became quiet in the bathroom.

She raised her hand to back of her head and I flinched. Looking at me weirdly she put her hand down."What the hell you jumpin' for?"

"Oh...I thought you was finna hit me."I shrugged.

"No,"She rolled her eyes,"I just...You're sure that's what I said?"

I nodded."Yo' exact words."

She groaned and rubbed her forehead.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets."So whatchu' tryna say, it ain't the truth?"

Surprising me, she shook her head no."That's not what I'm sayin'."

"So you sayin' it is the truth."I smirked.

She gave me a blank stare that made me laugh.

"See this is exactly why I try not to get drunk. I talk too damn much."She shook her head while foldin' her arms across her chest.

"Why you say that? You act like admitting your feelings is a bad thing."

"It is."

I smacked my lips."How? Not like I'm rubbin' it in your face or some childish shit. I'm talkin' to you."

"You might not be rubbin' it in but I can only imagine what's goin' on in your head."She mumbled, lookin' away from me.

"Imagining what's goin' through yours."I answered honestly."Look, I didn't even wanna bring it up to begin with. I figured it would make stuff awkward between us."

"I should've just left it alone."She groaned.

"But now I'm comfortable with knowin' that's how you feel even without bein' drunk. I just wish you would feel comfortable with talkin' to me about it."

"Talk about what though? I clearly said all I needed to say last night."

"Nah. See, you just told me you was feelin' me. You ain't say why, you ain't say how, and you ain't say when. Plus you was drunk so who's to say all that shit was honest?"

She smacked her lips."August. Do we really need to talk about this now?"

"Look, I'm just tryna get clear on things. Sorry if I wanna know how the woman I call myself takin' a interest in feel about me."I held my hands up."My bad."

Walkin' outta the bathroom, I shook my head. Sometimes I swea' she could just be so difficult for no damn reason. I get that she have trust issues and all but I'm right in the same boat. Afta' what happened to me you think I'm tryna get into anotha' relationship? I don't want hurt like that no more.

But, hea' I am, at least tryna start fresh.

"August,"She sighed as she called behind me.

I ignored her and took a seat on the couch in the livin' room, turnin' the tv on to occupy myself.

"Really?"She quietly shut the room door behind her so we wouldn't wake Treasure.