C.29

C.29 || Happy Father's Day

Hazel

"Treasure stop playin' and smile please."

She giggled."Okay."

"Thea'

"Thea'."I sighed after takin' the picture."Now did it really have to be all'at for one picture?"

She just shrugged and hopped off of my lap to run back to the swing set. I shook my head then saved the picture to my camera roll. Exiting out of my snapchat I went straight to my messages.

Text To: HotGirlMiyah, BarbRemi, Veah
Happy Father's Day!

It didn't take long to get responses.

Text From: BarbRemi
Aw, you two look like dolls! Happy Father's Day!

Text From: Veah
Cuties! Same to you girl!

Text From: HotGirlMiyah
Serving looks early in the morning I see. Going see my daddy as of right now and I ain't talking about my father 😉 Happy Daddy's Day 😘

"What are you laughin' about?"Damon came up from behind me.

"It's just the girls bein' silly,"I chuckled,"I thought you wasn't comin' ova' until later."

"Changed my mind. I don't really have nothin' else to do. I was just gonna rest up for most of the day."

"What about your dad?"

"I asked Lorah if it was okay for him to come and she said it was cool."

"Good. I don't like her bein' alone at times like this."

"Same with my dad."

Today wasn't just Father's Day for us because it was also my grandfather's birthday. He passed away a few months afta' I first moved in with them and that was the first time I'd eva' seen my MawMaw look so lost. She was down for months and months and months until finally, she filled the void with Treasure. I didn't eva' wanna see her like that again so I was happy that she managed to cope with it.

Damon on the otha' hand had to deal with the lost of his motha' at 17. She didn't die. His parents just separated and she doesn't really communicate much with them anymore. She moved on to anotha' man and had anotha' son.

I don't think I could eva' get the image of him cryin' to me out of my head. I drove all the way to his house in the middle of the night with Treasure because he called and could barely put togetha' a sentence. He vented to me and since I experienced somethin' similar I vented to him and eva' since then that's the way we been doin' it. It's easy and makes me happy to have a friend like him around.