C.54

C.54 || Bye, Bye

Hazel

I watched his entire demeanor change as he slowly let go of me to look down at my stomach then up at my face, then down at my stomach and up at my face again.

"Y-You sho'?"He finally asked.

"I took six test and all of them came back positive."

"Six test? When?"

"Today. I had Amiyah buy them for me while you and Treasure were out."

"Well,"He ran his hands through his hair,"what even made you think you was pregnant?"

"August I've been pregnant before, I know how my body reacts to pregnancy and it was doin' the same thing."

"So why you just tellin' me? I would've stood hea' to help you take the test."

"Boy I just pissed on a couple sticks, how could you have helped with that? And I didn't tell you because I wanted to be 100% befo' I opened my mouth about it."

Lookin' lost for words he couldn't do nothin' but pace back & forth in front of me. I watched him with my arms folded across my chest for all of three minutes before I spoke again.

"So?"

He finally stopped pacing to look at me."So what?"

"So say somethin'."

"I don't know what to say. I thought..I mean I knew.."He fumbled over his words.

"Did you do it on purpose?"

"Do what?"

"Get me pregnant. Did you do it on purpose?"

He scrunched his eyebrows together."No. I wouldn't do nothin' like that without yo' permission."

I gave him a look."So this mornin' was just a coincidence? You just so happened to forget to put a condom on."

"Yeah, shit happens sometimes."

"Oh really? More than once?"

Stuffing his hands in his pockets he avoided the question by avoiding eye contact with me.

"August I'm not gonna be mad."I rolled my eyes.

He looked back at me."You not?"

I shook my head no.

Pursing his lips he looked down at his feet like Treasure did whenever she knew she did somethin' she had no business doin'.

"After the first time we had sex, I went to throw the condom away. But when I looked at it I noticed a lil hole was in it."

"What? August that was weeks ago. Why didn't you say anything?"

"Cause I ain't think you was pregnant. You wasn't acting like it."

"You still could've told me."I scolded.

He frowned."You said you wasn't gon' get mad."