C.28

C.28 || Change

Hazel

Yesterday, a man step to me
He said, "How can you smile
When your world is crumbling down?"
I said, "Here's my secret, when I wanna cry
I take a look around and I see that I'm getting by."

"And hold on!"The choir sang."A change is coming!"

"Hold on!"My mawmaw clapped her hands."Don't you worry! Sing it baby."

Don't worry bout a thing

"Hold on!"Treasure sang while clappin' her hands to the beat."You'ca make it!"

"Go on up there and do your thing baby!"My MawMaw pushed Treasure towards the choir.

Hold on
(Hold on)
Everything
(Everything will be alright)

As always the church choir accepted Treasure in the front with all smiles and let her do her thing.

"Some people like to wooorry!"She belted out."Some people like to hiiide!"

The new comers to the church looked on in shock while the regulars holla'd and stood to their feet for her. I stood up as well and made sho' she seen me givin' her praise for her singin'. This was one of the only places she was really comfortable singin' otha' than the house.

"Some people like to run away."She clapped."From the pain insiide!"

"You go maw, sing it! Sing it!"My MawMaw clapped."She does this so natural Hazel."

"I know."I smiled and chuckled.

Once she finished up with that one song they let her do anotha' one of her favorites.

"Oh, happy day,"The choir started off,"When Jesus washed..When he washed."

(When Jesus washed)

"When he washed, when Jesus washed, my sins away, yeah. Oh happy day."

Oh happy day

"When Jesus washed, oh, when he washed. When Jesus washed. My sins away, yeah."

"He taught me hoooow!"Treasure blurted out makin' the church get hype again."Oh, he taught me how!"

"How to waatch."The choir backed her up."How to fight and pray."

"Fight and praaaay."She clapped.

"Fight and pray!"The choir added.

"And livin' rejoicin' everyday!"

"Every-day!"

"Oooooh, happy day!"Treasure came down to sing to the front row.

"She's a natural."I heard an older woman laugh and clap from behind me.

Oh happy day

"Oh happy day!"She went skippin' down a aisle.

Oh happy day