Chapter 18: Reality

After telling the story of Aidan you were kinda unstable for the rest of the day. You just laid with Dan on his bed watching YouTube videos. You realise that you didn't haven't checked your YouTube channel for a while.

"Hey Dan can you check my channel?" You ask.

"Yeah sure!"

He clicks around and pulls up your channel. 999,999 subscribers. How on earth did you get to that. Oh my goodness. Then Dan moves his mouse and clicks subscribe.

"Welcome to one million subscribers love." He whispers.

You don't even know what to do. You have 1,000,000 people who are willing to watch you make silly videos. Tears of joy Spring out of your eyes. Dan pulls you into a hug.

"You and I should make a big video thanking everyone." You say to Dan.

"Yes definitely. We can film it when we wake up tomorrow. For how let's just watch Phil's videos from 6 years ago." He says with cheekiness at the end.

You lay between his legs with your back pressed against his chest. He wraps his arms around you and places his macbook on your lap. He goes to Phil's channel and scrolls down to his oldest videos.

You guys watch his videos and laugh like crazy.

"Omg his hair!" You say between laughs.

"Hey watch it mine was just like it."

You turn around and mess up Dan's hair. He giggles and bats your hand away. You turn around and go back to watching Phil. After a few minutes you hear a knock on Dan's door. Phil pops his head in.

"What are you guys watch... TURN THAT OFF!" Phil runs in and slams Dan's laptop lid shut and pulls it off your lap.

"Never. Ever. Watch. My videos. From that long ago." He says between gasps

You and Dan start to laugh like crazy. You haven't laughed like that in a long time. The kind of laugh that makes your stomach hurt and tears pour out of your eyes. You and Dan were gasping for air and Phil stood over you and frowned at first but then started laughing lightly too. He gives back the laptop and walks away.

Dan puts the laptop on his bedside table. He rolls over and faces you.

"You're beautiful you know." He says.

You smile and shake your head. He pulls you into a cuddle and kisses your cheek. You cuddle him back.

You reside once again that this is how your life is going to be. You're loved by someone. you have a job. You have a flat with your best friend. You're almost famous. You have it all. Except one thing. You're missing a sane mind. Your falling apart in the inside. Only Dan has an idea what's happening.

This is your reality. This is how life is. This s your dream coming true.