Chapter 5

"I'm Avi, your next door neighbor." Avi says as he gets up from the couch to greet the two men. "I just moved in a few days ago."

"I'm sorry if I sounded rude." Chance smiles as he shakes Avi's hand. "We just don't get any visitors. I'm Chance, I'm actually Tim's cousin and this is Rob."

"Glad to meet you." Rob says.

"Avi? Would you like a beer?" Chance asks as he turns to go to the kitchen.

"Yes, please and thank you." Avi smiles. 

"Sorry, that I've been such a poor host." Chris chuckles. "I was distracted with the argument."

"Argument?" Rob asks with raised brows.

"Adam was cheating at the game we were playing." Austin tells him, shooting a glance over at Adam.

"I was not cheating." Adam says, rolling his eyes.

"Mr. Biggles saw you cheating, Adam." Tim says with a slight smirk.

"Oh yea, I forgot." Adam says smiling at Tim.

"Make them leave Mr Biggles alone, Rob. That's why he doesn't like them. They're always picking on him." Austin whines.

Chance walks in and hands Avi a beer. "It's like this everyday." He chuckles. "A mad house."

"Guys, behave." Rob says shaking his head at Adam and Tim.

"So Rob, are you Austin's brother?" Avi asks, noticing the way Austin was attached to Rob.

"No, more like his legal guardian." Rob tells him. "His parents were killed in an car wreck several years back. They left a will stating that Austin be placed in my care. They didn't want him to end up in a mental hospital. And we didn't want that either, did we." Rob says tugging lightly on Austin's curly locks. 

"I didn't want to go to no crazy house." Austin says as he shakes his head.

"This place is crazy enough, right?" Chance laughs.

"Pftt, yea." Austin says as he looks around at Tim and Adam, insinuating that they were the crazy ones, not him.

"Says the one with the talking bear." Tim says raising a brow. Adam giggles and hangs his head.

"Shhh." Chris whispers as he wraps his arms around Tim's neck and kisses him on the temple.

"Tim, you and Adam do tend to pick on Austin a little." Rob says.

"Are you being serious right now, Rob?" Tim asks with a puzzled expression on his face. "He's a pure little angel whenever you're here."

"He taunts us with Mr. Biggles." Adam says quietly.

"Alright guys. Let's not argue." Chance interrupts. "Let's not make Avi think we hate each other."

"No, it's fine." Avi chuckles. "I use to fight with my brother and sister all the time, when we all lived at home. But I loved them dearly.

"Oh, before I forget, Chris. Don't forget to take Austin to his therapy tomorrow." Rob says.

"It's tomorrow?" Chris asks.

"Yep at 10:30." Rob says.

Chris lets out a heavy breath and looks around at Tim and Adam.

"Do we have to go?" Tim asks. "We'll be fine here." Adam nods in agreement.

"Honey, I can't leave you guys by yourselves. You know that." Chris says as he brushes back Tim's hair. "What if something happens?"

"I don't have any classes tomorrow. I can come over." Avi smiles at Chris. "If you want me too."

"Problem solved."Tim smiles up at Chris.

"That would be awesome." Adam grins at Avi.

"You wouldn't mind?" Chris asks.

"Of course not. I told you any time that I could help, I would." Avi smiles.

"That would be great. Thank you." Chris says with a sigh of relief. "They hate having to go."

"I hate having to go but I don't have a choice." Austin pouts.

"Sorry, Buddy." Rob says rubbing the thinner guy on the back.

"You mind if I run some errands while I'm out? I need to get the guys' prescriptions filled and get some groceries." Chris asks with a pleading look.

"He said that he would babysit, Chris." Tim says, clearly annoyed. He turns his chair around and leaves the room.

"He's alright. He gets a little edgy before he takes his medicine." Chance says.

"No, he doesn't think he needs anyone to watch him. Which I fully understand. But it's just too dangerous." Chris says shaking his head. "I mean, what if the house catches on fire. Would Adam be able to get him and Tim out in time?"

"We're not exactly helpless, you know." Adam says giving his brother a small smile.

"I know that, little brother, I would just feel better if Avi was here, in case something were to happen." Chris says.

"Oh, I don't have a problem with Avi being here at all." Adam giggles as he looks around at Avi.

"I didn't think you would." Chris mumbles. "I'm going to check on Tim." He leaves the room.

"Timmy has that guy wrapped around his little finger." Rob chuckles as he shakes his head.

"Well listen guys, I need to head home." Avi says with a smile.

"It was nice meeting a friendly face." Chance smiles.

"I don't judge anyone by rumors." Avi says with a shrug of his shoulders. He turns to Adam. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Can't wait." Adam says, biting his bottom lip as he follows Avi to the door. "Bye." He says closing the door as Avi leaves.

Adam lends against the door and smiles until he notices the others watching him with smirks on their faces.

"What!?" He asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Is that a look of infatuation on our little Adam's face?" Chance asks with a chuckle as he props his arm on Rob's shoulder.

"I do believe it is, Chance." Rob nods with a huge smile.

"Adam is in love with our new neighbor." Austin laughs.

"Oh, Shut up!" Adam pouts as he stomps pass them.

*******************

THIS IS WHERE YOU HIT THE LIKE BUTTON AND LEAVE A COMMENT! :)