Chapter 31

"Tim, can I ask you something?" Zak asks.

"Yeah, sure." Tim answers with a shrug.

"During our investigation tonight, how would you feel about going into your bedroom alone with a recorder and maybe a video camera?" Zak asks.

"Absolutely not." Chris answers, shaking his head.

"We would be monitoring him at all times. If anything at all happens and we think he's in danger, we'll get him out of there." Zak says.

"I'll do it." Tim nods.

"Baby, No. I won't let you do it. It's too dangerous." Chris says as he squats down in front of Tim's chair, taking him by the hand.

"I have to, Chris. Besides, they'll be watching me every minute." Tim says.

"But what if you have a panic attack?" Chris asks.

"Then you can come get me. I'll be fine. I don't think she's gonna hurt me." Tim says with a small reassuring smile.

Chris sighs as he reaches up to rub Tim's cheek.

"Babe, we have to get our house back and this might be the only way." Tim says.

"But you promise me that if you feel threatened in any way." Chris says.

"I'll yell." Tim smiles.

"Great." Zak smiles then turns his attention to Avi. "And what about you?"

"Sure. Sounds fun." Avi smiles nervously.

Jay and Billy finished setting up cameras in the two bedrooms and in the hallway upstairs. Zak gave Tim and Avi pointers on how to do an EVP session. (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) Aaron gave pointers on video recording. It will be pitch black, so the only view they will have is through the night vision camera screen.

"It's time to get started guys." Zak says.

Jay and Billy take their seat in front of the monitors, putting headphones to listen for any sound that Tim and Avi might miss.

Tim rolls his chair slowly into his and Chris's bedroom, followed by Chris and Zak. Tim looks around nervously before looking up at Chris.

"Sweetie, are you sure about this?" Chris asks, his voice full of worry.

Tim nods and offers a weak smile.

"Tim, here's you a camera and a flashlight. I'm going to go ahead and turn the recorded on and lay it here on the nightstand." Zak says. "Just try to relax. We are watching your every move. If you hear or feel anything at all, you tell us." Zak hands him a walkie talkie.

Chris and Zak leave the room, closing the door behind them. Leaving Tim in complete darkness.

Tim quickly turns on the camera, looking at the screen, he scans the room.

"Is ... Is anybody here with me?" Tim asks then pauses like Zak told him to do. "My name Tim."

"Esther, if you're here can you say something into this little red light? It'll let me hear your voice."

"Why are you still here? (pause) Are you still working? (pause) Did you do this to our room?"

Tim quickly grabs the walkie talkie. "Guy, it's getting really cold in here and I'm beginning to smell the perfume."

"Keep talking to her, Tim." Zak answers.

"Uh, Esther, I know you're here. I smell your perfume. It's very nice. (pause) Esther, can you tell me why you are still here? (pause) Are.. Are you touching me on my arm right now? I think I feel you."

                                   ~~~ meanwhile in Avi's bedroom ~~~

Avi sits down on the bed and let's out a nervous breath.

"Jennifer? You wanna come talk to me? (pause) I'm Avi. (pause) Is there a reason why you are still here? Is someone not letting you pass over? (pause) How can we help you?"

Avi quickly turns his camera to the corner of the room.

"Uh, I just heard something, like movement." Avi says into the walkie-talkie.

Jay nods as he listens with his headphones. "It sounded like rustling of fabric, like maybe a dress?" Jay tells Zak.

"Yeah, we heard that, Avi. Jay said it sound like a dress rustling." Zak says over the walkie-talkie.

"Jennifer? Is that you? (pause) You don't have to be afraid. I'm not here to harm you. (pause) Who else is in this house with you, Jennifer? (pause) You know, the guy that murdered you is no longer here. He was executed. I won't hurt you like he did. I just want to talk to you. (pause) Do you know Esther? My friend Tim is downstairs trying to talk to her."

"There's a cold spot beside me on the bed." Avi says. "Jennifer? If that is you sitting beside me, can you touch my hand?" Avi holds out his hand. He smiles as his hand starts to get cold. "Thank you."

Adam tilts his head as something catches his eye on Tim's monitor.

"Uh, I don't think Esther is the only one in Tim's room." Adam says.

"What do mean?" Aaron asks.

"Something not so nice." Adam says.

"Get him out of there." Chris says.

"Tim, be extremely careful. Adam says there's someone else in the room." Zak says into the walkie-talkie.

Tim nods to acknowledge.

"Who else is here? (pause) Are you the one keeping Esther and Jennifer here? (pause) That's not right. You need to back off and let them pass over."

"Careful, Tim." Zak mumbles.

"Wait. Are you Cher? Are you the one keeping them here? (pause) Leave them alone. They're through working for you."

Suddenly Tim jumps and grabs his shoulder.

"What happened?" Chris asked.

"Tim?" Zak calls him over the radio.

"DID YOU JUST F*CKING BITE ME, YOU BITCH!!!??" Tim shouts as he rubs his shoulder. "GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR HOUSE!! YOU DON'T BELONG HERE!! THIS IS NO LONGER A WHORE HOUSE!!! GET OUT!!"

"Aaron, go get him. Now!" Zak says as he watches Tim's aggressive behavior.

"Avi? Come on downstairs." Zak says over the radio.

"She bit me, Chris. The b*tch actually bit me." Tim says rubbing his shoulder as he and Aaron came back into the kitchen.

Chris helped Tim remove his shirt so he and Zak could take a look at the wound. Jay and Billy listen carefully to the recordings that Tim and Avi made.

"Zak, yall might want to listen to this. We did manage to get a few things." Billy says.

**********

VOTE & COMMENT!