Chapter 27

** PETER HOLLENS (pictured) and Home Free/Tim Foust has been in 4 videos together **

***************

Tim cuts off the computer and removes his glasses to rub his eyes. He slips his glasses back on just in time to see the librarian smile at Chris.

Tim could feel a lump come up in his throat as his eyes begin to mist over.

She was actually a very beautiful girl. Perfect health. She could probably give Chris anything he wanted. Someone to take walks in the park with. To go dancing with, even to have a family with.

"Tim? Are you alright?" Austin asks, bringing Tim out of his thoughts.

He didn't realize that he had tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Baby?" Chris asked with a concerned look. "Honey, why are you crying?"

Tim shakes his head, unlocks his chair and heads to the door.

"Byyeeee." The librarian says in a smart*ss type of way.

Tim stops and glares up at her.

"Maybe I'll see you around sometime." She says smiling seductively at Chris.

"Geez, you're such a sleaze bag." Austin says as he takes hold of Tim's chair and pushes him toward the door.

"Do me a favor and throw yourself at someone who is actually interested. Cause I'm not." Chris says before following Tim and Austin out the door to wait on Avi.

As they get out on the sidewalk, Chris squats down in front of Tim's chair.

"Alright, you mind telling me why you're crying?" Chris asks as he brushes back Tim's hair.

"I don't know." Tim sniffs as he takes his glasses off so he can wipe his eyes.

"I think you do." Chris says taking the glasses and hanging them on the front of Tim's shirt.

"Can we talk about this later." Tim says, barely above a whisper when he sees Avi pulling up in the van next to the curb.

"Alright. But we will talk." Chris says softly as he kisses Tim on the forehead. Tim nods slightly.

They load up into the van and head back to the historian's house. Chris was busy telling Avi the information that Tim was able to find. Tim stares blankly out the window with a sad look on his face. 

He suddenly feels a hand on his shoulder. He looks around, his eyes meeting the blue eyes of Austin. Austin gives him his trademark smirk as he gently rubs Tim's shoulder. Tim smiles and reaches up and lays his hand on top of Austin's, softly squeezing it.

"I really think Mr. Hollens is gonna give us a lot of answers to our questions." Avi was saying.

"Lord, I hope so." Chris sighs.

"Holy cow!" Austin gasps as they pull into the huge circle drive. "Look at the place!"

"That's not even all of it." Avi laughs as he gets out of the van. "There's like two more floors underground."

"Am I even going to be able to get in?" Tim asks as Chris lowers down his chair.

"Yeah, I told Mr. Hollens about you being in a wheelchair and he said his mother was also in a chair and they had a ramp built leading to a side entrance." Avi said.

Peter was waiting for them at the side entrance.

"Hello, I'm Peter." He said as he shakes Chris's hand.

"I'm Chris. This is my boyfriend Tim. And this is Austin." Chris smiles.

"Pleased to me you all. Y'all just follow me and we'll get started." Peter smiles as he starts down a large corridor.

"Wow!" Austin breaths.

"I hear ya." Tim whispers as they pass by beautiful paintings that decorated the walls.

"I found quite a bit of information that might be able to give you some kind of idea what's going on with your property." Peter says as he presses a button for the elevator.

"So did Adam and Avi fill you in?" Chris ask as they entered the elevator.

"Yeah, I'm hoping we can find you some answers." Peter smiles.

"How in the heck can you afford a place like this?" Austin asks. Tim snickers and hangs his head.

"Austin?" Chris scolds but chuckles.

"Actually." Peter laughs. "It was my parents' home. My dad passed away 8 years ago and my mom passed away almost 2 years ago. And I was an only child so I got the house."

The door to the elevator opens leading into a large library. 

Adam was sitting in an easy chair, thumbing through a book.

On a large table nearby were several folders and a computer. They all take a seat at the table. Tim quietly slips on some rubber gloves.

"OCD?" Peter asks.

"Yes, sir." Tim answers quietly.

Peter nods. "My mom was too."

"Sounds like we had a lot in common." Tim smiles.

"Please, call me Peter." Peter smiles sweetly at the brown-eyed man. "By the way, I love your voice."

"Thank you, Peter." Tim smiles, his cheeks blushing slightly. "That was very sweet of you to say."

Chris's eyes dart from Mr. Hollens to Tim. Jealousy beginning to boil inside of him.

"So. How does it feel?" Austin whispers to him.

"What?" Chris asks in a quiet voice.

"How does it feel to see your boyfriend flirt with someone?" Austin asks with a smirk.

"Can we get started, Please?" Chris asks suddenly.

"Sure. Were you able to find out anything at the public library?" Peter asks looking directly at Tim.

"Yeah, but only a little." Tim speaks up quickly. "A plantation owner by the name of Clint Eastwood built the house in 1886 but died 2 years later of tuberculosis. His wife then sold the house in 1900. But that's all I was able to find."

Peter nods at the info he had just received. "That's right. Mr. Eastwood was well known in the community, very wealthy. After his death, his wife Clara became ill and couldn't care for the property so she sold it to a lady known only by Cher. Cher took the house and turned it into a brothel."

"Brothel? What's that?" Adam asks.

"A whore house." Tim answers.

"That would explain a lot." Avi comments.

"It says that she was a very ruthless madam and that she had employed several girls until the close of the brothel after her death in 1909. But there are only two ladies mentioned by name. Esther Rose Koop and Jennifer Aniston."

"Where there any deaths inside the house?" Chris asks.

"As a matter of fact, all three ladies died in the house. All three were murdered." Peter answers. "It says that Cher's and Miss Aniston murders were never solved but Esther Rose Koop better known as Honeysuckle Rose because of the honeysuckle perfume she wore, was murdered by a client. A miner by the name of Sean Penn, who was later hung for the murder."

Peter glances up from the files to see a look of horror on Tim's face.

"Tim? Are you alright?" Peter asks as he lays a hand on Tim's hand.

"Honeysuckle perfume?" Tim whispers. "It's her."

**********

PLEASE VOTE & LEAVE A COMMENT!!