Chapter 30

** Aaron, Jay, Zak and Billy. The Ghost Adventures crew

*******

There were mixed emotions as they got ready to meet the paranormal investigators at the house. Nervousness, excitement and hope. Hope that a conclusion can be found that will end this so they can move back home.

Rob, unfortunately, had to work but Chance was off for the day.

As they drive up into the driveway, there is already a large van sitting there. Four guys worked around the van getting out equipment.

As they unload from their van, Zak walks up extending his hand.

"Hi, I'm Zak and this is my crew, Aaron, Billy and Jay." He smiles as he shakes Chris's hand.

"I'm Chris. I own the house." Chris smiles as he shakes Zak's hand. "This is my boyfriend Tim, my brother, Adam and his boyfriend Avi. This is Tim's cousin Chance and his boyfriend, Austin."

"Pleased to meet you all." Zak nods. "Uh, Tim, Avi aren't you two the ones that were touched?"

"More like fondled." Tim answers.

"I was just touched on the back." Avi added.

"Alright. Well, can you take us inside and tell us what happened and where?" Zak asks.

"Sure." Chris says as he pushes Tim's chair up the ramp, followed by the others. "I think we're all a little nervous about going back in here."

"I understand. But hopefully, we can help you so you can reclaim your house." Zak says as Chris unlocks the door and pushing it open.

Tim slowly rolls his chair inside, nervously glancing around. Everything seemed to be the way they left it.

Billy and Jay walk in and quickly start to set up their equipment on the kitchen table.

"So this was a whore house?" Zak asks as his eyes scanned the living room. "How many bedrooms are there?"

"There's five bedrooms. One downstairs and four upstairs." Chris answers as he hands Zak a folder. "Here's all the information that we were able to get from Peter about the history of the house."

"So what're some of the activity that y'all have experienced?" Aaron asks as Zak read through the papers.

"We've heard heavy footsteps going up the stairs and in the hallway. And a door slammimg shut. But when we check all the doors would still be open." Adam answers.

"The night we heard that, everyone went upstairs to check it out. I was down here alone. I started to smell a strong scent of honeysuckle perfume." Tim adds. "Then a heard a breath in my ear and something touched my hair."

"Hmm, interesting. And Esther Rose was known as Honeysuckle Rose because of the perfume she wore." Zak says as he reads.

"And we'd hear moaning at night. But we just thought it was Chris and Tim." Austin says with a slight smirk.

Zak chuckles as he slips the papers back inside the folder.

"I'd hear someone walking up and down the hallway at night but I just thought it was one of the guys going to the bathroom." Austin adds.

"Uh, can I asks you guys a question?" Billy asks, coming out of Chris and Tim's bedroom where he was setting up a camera.

"Yeah." Chris answers.

"When y'all left the house, how did you leave that bedroom?" Billy asks.

"Well, we left in a hurry. So the bed was still unmade from us sleeping on it." Chris answers.

"Why? What's wrong, Billy?" Zak asks.

"Maybe y'all should take a look." Billy says heading back to the bedroom.

They all stop in their tracks as they observe the room.

The bed was completely stripped of the covers which were thrown about the room. The pillows were thrown over next to the closet. The lamp, that sat on the nightstand, was now broken and laying on the floor.

"Wow." Zak says as he looks around.

"We definitely didn't leave it like this." Tim says.

"There's an eerie feel in here. And it's really cold." Zak nods.

"It's usually not cold in here." Chris says as he unconsciously massages Tim's shoulders.

"How long has this been going on?" Aaron asks.

"We've heard footsteps from the time we moved in but it's gotten worst since we had that tornado." Adam says. "The moaning and the touching started after that."

"Storms carry a lot of electrical charge which would escalate the activity." Zak says.

A door slamming causes them all to jump.

"That was upstairs." Zak said as he and the others run to the stairs.

"Chris, don't leave me." Tim says but it was too late. With all the excitement, Chris had ran upstairs with the others.

Tim looks around to see Jay sitting at the table watching the monitors with a walkie-talkie in his hand.

He hurries over next to Jay so he wouldn't be a sitting duck for Esther Rose.

"Zak, I heard a shuffling noise over the mic right before the door slammed." Jay says into the walkie-talkie.

Tim takes a whiff of the air.

"You smell that?" Tim asks. "Please tell me you smell that?"

Jay stops and also takes a whiff.

"Honeysuckle." Jay says.

"She's here." Tim says quietly. "Uh, Jay, something just shook my chair."

Jay grabs the radio. "ZAK! GET DOWN HERE! NOW!"

They all came running down the stairs.

"What's going on, Guys?" Zak asks before holding up his hand and sniffing the air.

"That's what's going on." Jay says.

Chris takes Tim by the hand. "You alright?"

"Something shook my chair, Chris." Tim says with wide eyes.

Zak quickly grabs a recorder and turns it on.

"Who's here with us? Esther Rose? Is that you? Talk to us. We're going to be here all night." Zak says loudly as he holds the recorder in his hand. "Whoever is here show yourselves!"

Zak rewinds the recorder and plays it back, holding it down so everyone could hear it. They listen closely after each question.

After Zak had said 'Talk to us', there was a heavy breath on the recorder.

"HOLY MOLY! DID YOU HEAR THAT?" Avi shouts.

"Wait, Zak, play it back. I thought a heard something after you asked 'Is that you?'." Tim says.

Sure enough, when Zak rewound it and played it back, there was a very faint female voice said 'Yes'.

****************

VOTE & COMMENT!!

CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK "SMALL FRIES"!!!