Chapter 7

** I asks yesterday what you wanted updated.

@thatfabswede  this is your request!!! ENJOY!!

**************

They sit Tim down on the floor and Adam straightens his legs out to make him more comfortable. Then sits down between Tim and Avi, facing them.

"God, it's so dirty. The germs." Tim says looking around in a panic.

"TIM!" Avi shouts, grabbing Tim by the face. "I don't need you freaking out on me right now, alright. I know it's hard. But stay with me, Please!"

Tim looks at him with fear in his eyes but manages to nod. "I'll... I'll try."

"Good. We need to try and stay calm." Avi says as he looks up at a small window near the ceiling of the basement.

"THE CEILING!! IT'S CRACKING!!" Adam screams pointing up.

Avi and Tim looks up but not seeing anything.

Tim quickly grabs Adam and covers his eyes.

"No! Adam, listen to me." Tim says with a shaky voice into Adam's ear. "Think of something good. Think of something beautiful."

"Like what?" Adam sobs, laying his hand on top of Tim's that was covering his eyes.

"Uh." Tim tries to think quickly as he looks around, his eyes seeing Avi watching the window above them. "Think of Avi."

"Avi?" Adam asks quietly.

"Yea. Uh, think of the first time that you two will kiss. That magical moment." Tim says close to Adam's ear. He notices a smile slowly coming to Adam's face. "What do you see?"

"Hummingbirds." Adam says with a smile on his face.

Suddenly the small window breaks, glass falling to the floor near them. The three men scream out, covering their heads.

"HOLY MOLY!" Avi yells as he grabs the other two and huddle together.

"GOD! IT'S SO LOUD!!" Tim yells as he covers his ears.

The roaring of the tornado, along with the sirens were deafening.

"I'M SO SCARED!" Adam cried as he hung on to Avi and Tim.

They could hear things hitting the side of the house as the tornado passes through.

"WE'RE GONNA BE ALRIGHT!" Avi yells over the roaring wind.

As quickly as it started, it was over. A dead eerie silence. The only noise was that of the three men's heavy breathing.

"Is it.... Is it over?" Tim asks quietly, trying to breath.

"I think so." Avi says as he sits quietly and listens.

"We made it. And we are all in one piece." Adam laughs nervously.

Avi starts to stand up.

"Wait! Where are you going?" Adam asks with a touch of panic in his voice, grabbing Avi by the hand.

Avi stoops back down, taking Adam's hand in his. "I'm gonna go see if the house is still standing. If it is I'll come back and we'll get Tim and we'll get out of this basement."

"And if it's not?" Tim asks.

"Then we'll wait for help." Avi smiles nervously and shrugs.

Avi goes up the steps and opens the basement door and carefully peeks out. Breathing a sigh of relief to see that everything seemed to be alright.

He opens the door all the way, then heads back down the stairs.

"What if the house has been destroyed, Tim? What will we do?" Adam asks.

"Well, there's no need to worry about that." Avi smiles as he stoops down beside Tim and rubs Adam on the head. "The house looks fine. At least on the inside it is."

"Good. Can we get out of here now?" Tim asks with pleading eyes.

"Come on, Adam. Let's get Tim out of here before he has a heart attack." Avi chuckles as he reaches down to help pick Tim up.

"It's not funny, you know." Tim snaps.

"I know it's not and I'm sorry." Avi smiles. "How are you? Are you alright?" He asks, shifting his eyes to Adam.

"Yea." Adam smiles. "I'm thinking of beautiful."

Tim smiles and hangs his head but raises his eyes to meet Avi's.

"Oh, Okay." Avi smiles as his cheeks blushes. He seem to have gotten the message Tim had sent him with his eyes.

The beautiful was him. (Avi)

They carry Tim back up the steps and sits him in his wheel chair. He rolls over to a table and grabs some sanitizing wipes that were there and begins to scrub furiously at his hands and arms.

The living room window had a huge crack across it. The windows in Adam's room and Chance's room were broken out. Chance's room actually had a piece of wood laying in the floor that had been thrown through the window by the forceful winds of the tornado.

"Let's go see what things look like outside." Avi says as he walks toward the door.

Avi opens the door and Tim rolls out first onto the porch followed by Adam and then Avi.

"Oh. My. God." Tim says as they stare at the horrifying scene before them.

Several homes laying in shambles, trees uprooted and laying across the road, cars turned over on their sides. It looked like a scene straight out of the movie 'Twister'.

"Avi." Adam says softly as he takes Avi by the arm and points.

Avi looks around to see his own apartment laying in in a crumbled mess. A huge limb laying across his car.

"Oh, no." Avi says quietly as he begins to run across the yard towards whats left of his apartment. Adam follows closely behind him.

"Ya'll watch the power lines!!" Tim shouts at them as he watches from the porch.

Sirens from an approaching fire truck caught Tim's attention.

"TIM!!" Chance yells as he jumps out of the truck and runs toward the house. "Cuz! Are ya'll alright?" (Cuz- slang for Cousin)

He stoops down next to Tim's chair.

"Yea, we're... we're alright." Tim nods. "Avi helped get us to the basement."

"Where is Avi and Adam?" Chance asks glancing inside the house.

"Over there." Tim says sadly as he points in the direction of where Avi's apartment once was.

******************

THIS IS WHERE YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT!!!