Chapter 36

Adam was washing the dirt off his hands as Chris walks out of the bedroom with a pretty satisfied look on his face.

"You're looking pretty happy." Adam chuckles as he dries his hands.

"He always makes me happy." Chris blushes as he puts on his cap. "Is Avi still outside?"

"Yeah. Is Tim dressed? I want to talk to him about something." Adam asks.

"He was getting dressed. I helped him with his pants." Chris smiles as he heads outside to get back to work.

Adam walks up to the closed bedroom door and gently taps.

"Yeah?" Tim answers from inside.

"Hey." Adam smiles, peeking inside. 

"Hey." Tim says, buttoning up his shirt.

"Can I, uh, talk to you about something?" Adam asks as he begins to help Tim straighten the covers on the bed.

"Sure, what's up?" Tim asks as he navigates his chair around so he can make the bed.

Adam sits down at the foot of the bed and sighs, not really know how or even what to asks.

Tim turns around to face him. Resting his hands in his lap, he tilts his head waiting for Adam to asks his question.

"Uh, I was wondering, Uh." Adam says as he plays with his hands. "Just what do I need or, uh, what am I suppose to do?"

"Concerning?" Tim asks.

"You know, taking that step with Avi." Adam says quietly.

"First of all, you need to know for sure IF you want to make that step." Tim says. "It's an awfully big step."

"I do, I really do. But don't I need supplies or something?" Adam asks.

"You mean like condoms?" Tim asks.

"Yeah, do you and Chris use condoms?" Adam asks.

"Most of the times. But Chris and I have been together for a long time. He's been the only one I've ever been with. But to put each others' mind at ease, we both were tested for any kind of sexually transmitted diseases. We're both clean. So sometimes we don't use condoms. But you need to. I'm not saying that Avi has anything like that. But be safe. And lube. You'll definitely need that." Tim says.

He turns around and goes to their nightstand, digging around in the drawer. He comes back over to Adam and hands him a couple of condoms and a bottle of lube.

"We keep extras." Tim says with a smile.

"Thanks." Adam says, looking at the condoms in his hand.

"Just make sure you're ready to do this. There is no rush if you're not sure. I really don't think Avi is going anywhere." Tim smiles as he brushes Adam's hair behind his ear.

"I know." Adam nods. "But I want to do this. I'm ready to make that step."

"What about Austin?" Tim asks.

"I think he's just about changed his mind. I mean, he loves Chance and all, but I think he's realized that he's not ready." Adam says.

"Just don't be scared. There's nothing to be afraid of. Is it gonna hurt? Yes, it will. BUT, Avi will make it as easy on you as possible. Okay?" Tim says with a smile.

"Thanks, Tim." Adam says, reaching out to hug him. "I love you."

"I love you too." Tim says, kissing him on the cheek.

Adam slips upstairs and puts the supplies in the drawer of the nightstand by Avi's bed.

"Tonight's the night." He whispers to himself as he looks around at the bed.

Adam comes back downstairs to see only Tim sitting in the living room reading.

"Is everyone still outside?" Adam asks.

"Chris and Avi are. I think Austin is taking a shower." Tim answers.

"Good. I need to ask you something." Adam says, squatting down next to Tim's chair.

"What now? Please don't ask me to show you how to put a condom on." Tim chuckles.

"No." Adam laughs. "What can I do to make it more romantic?"

"Chris likes it when I light a bunch of candles and turn out the lights." Tim smiles.

"Candles?" Adam asks.

"Yeah, you know the things with a wick that you light." Tim laughs.

"I know what a candle is." Adam laughs and smacks Tim on the leg. "But I don't have any candles."

"We have some you can use." Tim says.

"Can I, really?" Adam asks with a smile.

"Yeah, come on." Tim says, laying down his book and heading to his bedroom. "I think Chris put them in our closet."

Tim opens up the walk-in closet door. Chris had remodel the closet after he had bought the house. Everything was at a level that Tim could reach.

"They're in one of these boxes." Tim chuckles at all the boxes that were stored on the shelves.

Adam picks up a box and opens it to find a bunch of birthday cards, letters/notes, valentines, a dried up flower in a sandwich bag and a bunch of other keepsakes.

"What's all this?" He asks.

"Oh, that." Tim smiles, his cheeks blushing with embarrassment. "I keep everything that Chris has ever given me. We write each other letters and leave them on our pillows, I've kept everyone he's written me. This." He picks up the dried rose. "He gave to me on our first official date."

"Awww, that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard in my life." Adam smiles sweetly. "Does Chris have one too?"

"Yeah, but neither of us knows what's in the other's box. And on our 10th anniversary together, we're going to go through them." Tim smiles. "Sounds cheesy, I know."

"It doesn't sound cheesy, it shows that you love everything about each other. Everything that you receive from each other is precious." Adam says as he closes back up the box and places it back on the shelf.

"I think that's the box with the candles." Tim says pointing to a larger box.

Adam gets the box off the shelf and opens it. There were 25 - 30 candles of every size.

"Just set them all over the room. On the dresser, on the floor, anywhere you can think of." Tim smiles. 

"This is awesome, Thanks Tim." Adam says as he hugs Tim's neck.

"No problem. I just want them back when you're done." Tim chuckles. "There should be a lighter in the box too. Just light the candles, turn out the lights and wait for Mr. Right. Maybe undress but have a towel wrapped around your waist and be standing in among the candles."

"A towel?" Adam giggles, his cheeks reddening.

"Yeah, you have to leave him something to unwrap." Tim chuckles. "Sweetie, you'll charm the pants right off of Mr. Kaplan."

***********

VOTE & COMMENT!!!