Chapter 23

Austin shook from fear as he hid under the covers waiting for Chance. Chance had gone to his bedroom to grab a change of clothes and to change into some jogging pants to sleep in.

Austin would hold his breath at every creak and pop that the house made. He had always heard the sounds but he always thought that it was just the old house settling at night. Now, he wasn't so sure.

"Oh my God." He whispers as he hears footsteps walking in the hallway. He slowly peeks out from under his blanket as the footsteps stop right outside of his bedroom door. His eyes widen as he watches the doorknob turn slowly.

He whimpers and quickly throws the blanket back over his head. Visibly shaking under the covers as he hears the door creak open.

Silent tears roll down his face as the blanket begins to slowly be pulled from his head.

"Austin, are you alright?" Chance asks in a worried tone.

"Chance!" Austin says as he grabs the surprised man around the neck in a tight hug.

"Sweetie, you're trembling." Chance says as he wraps his arms around the smaller man.

"I was so scared." Austin sobs into Chance's shoulder. 

"Shhh, it's alright. I'm here." Chance says softly as he comforts Austin.

Austin scoots over to the center of the bed so Chance could lay down. The minute the bearded man lays down, Austin quickly attaches himself to Chances side.

Chance chuckles as he wraps his arms around the smaller man's shoulders in hopes of making him feel safe.

"I won't let anything harm you." Chance says as he places a kiss on Austin's forehead. "Now, close your eyes and get some sleep.

~~

"HOLY MOLY!" Avi shouts as he lays a hand on his chest, trying to calm his heart.

He had just finished taking a shower and when he opened the shower door he was startled by Adam sitting quietly on the bathroom sink counter.

"Babe, you scared the crap out of me." He says as he reaches for a towel. "What are you doing in here? I thought you were going on to bed?"

"I was. But I heard someone walking up the hall. And I got scared." Adam says as he unconsciously eyes Avi's nude body.

(He actually did hear footsteps but they belong to Chance)

Avi quickly towel dries his hair then wraps the towel around his waist.

He smiles as he reaches out for Adam's hand.

"Sweetie, not all the noises you hear in this old house is gonna be a ghost. It was probably Chance or Rob." Avi smiles as he leads Adam back over to the bed.

Adam scoots back onto the bed as Avi starts to turn around.

"Where are you going?" Adam asks in a frightened voice.

"Honey, I'm just going to the dresser to get some underwear." He laughs. "I'm going to get dressed for bed, is that alright?"

"Yea, sure. I'm sorry." Adam says averting his eyes even though he wanted to watch.

Avi drops the towel from his waist and as he was reaching into the drawer for his boxers a chill overcomes him.

Goosebumps appear on his arms. He shivers as he starts to put on his underwear when he suddenly felt a light touch of fingers stroking softly down his back. He shifts his eyes to the mirror in front of him. He could clearly see Adam still sitting on the bed. He stood frozen in place, looking at his reflection in the mirror not seeing anything that could be touching him.

As the fingers reach his butt he quickly turns around. His breathing shaky.

"Avi? You Okay?" Adam asks.

"Yeah." Avi says in not much more than a whisper and manages to a quick nod.

He quickly finishes getting dressed for bed but notices that the chill was gone. He knew not to mention the ordeal to Adam, he would be freaked out more than he already was.

He pulls Adam close to him and kisses him softly. "Go to sleep, Sweetie." 

Adam snuggles closely to Avi and closes his eyes. Avi's eyes dart around the room. He has never experienced anything like that before in his life.

~~~
(the next morning)

Tim was drawn out of a deep sleep by his lover's hand gently caressing his inner thighs.

"Not now, Chris. I'm tired." He mumbles.

A thumb rubs underneath the leg opening of his boxers.

Tim huffs as he opens his eyes. 

"Chris, I said I was tired." He whines as he looks around at his lover.

His eyes widen when he sees Chris's side of the bed empty. Quickly looking around the room only to see no one there.

He let's go of a shaky breath as he looks down at his crotch area. He could still feel the hand slowly creeping closer to his privates.

He shivers not only from fear but also the room had turned freezing cold.

Chris was busy fixing breakfast as Rob sat at the kitchen table with his laptop. He was searching for someone that could help them out with the history of the house.

"I guess we could check out the library." Chris suggested. 

"Or if we could find a town historian, that would be great." Rob says.

They both freeze as they hear a creak from the stairs. But breaths a sigh of relief when Avi walks into the kitchen.

"This is getting ridiculous. "Rob chuckles pushing his glasses up. "We're getting paranoid at ever sound we hear."

"Guys, I gotta tell you something. Something that happened last night." Avi says as he sits down at the table. Nervously running a hand through his long curls. "Something touched me last night."

"What?" Chris asks quickly turning from the stove.

"Seriously?" Rob asks closing the laptop.

"Serious as a heart attack." Avi says. "I was getting ready for bed when I felt fingers running down my back. But there was no one there. Adam was in bed and I was across the room in front of my dresser. And it was so cold."

"CHRIS!! CHRIS!!!"

******

VOTE & COMMENT PLEASE!!!