Chapter 35 - Emmet

I couldn't believe that I was doing this! I had actually ASKED someone out on a DATE and they said yes. For a moment I thought I was dreaming - that all of this was too good to be true. I was just a nerdy kid who worked at an ice cream counter! I had no idea what she saw in me but obviously she saw something.

    Suddenly my phone vibrated. I reached over and read the new text from my cousin James.

    So...you ask her out yet?

   Yes actually. She said yes. I'm taking her out after school tomorrow.  But...I don't know where to take her...

    Wow...good for you! Places...are you looking for classy or casual?

    I thought for a minute then said casual...but romantic. I didn't want to take her to a nice restaurant because that felt too...high class. But I didn't want it to be too casual, like we were just hanging out as friends. I wanted it to be casual with a hint of romance. Luckily my cousin knew more about this subject than I did.

    Take her to a picnic. It's cute and calm and there is no need to dress up. And you two can still be alone...

    I like that. Thanks. I said.

    No problem cuz :-)

    I smiled and went over to my computer to find a good place for a picnic. I finally settled on a meadow next to a river with a path through the woods. Calm, sweet AND slightly romantic. I couldn't wait for tomorrow!

----------

Hope you guys liked this chapterI'm SO SO SO SORRY it was so short. But i can't really add any more detail to make it longer, because then it would be a boring chapter and you'd all run away...lol. I promise the next chapter will DEFINATELY be longer than this one. Guaranteed! If not you can all yell at me on my message board...Anyway, I thought the picnic idea was cute. Any thoughts? Remember to vote, COMMENT and share with your friends! Thanks for reading :-)  I will be updating more by Thursday.