Chapter 46 -- Here's the funny thing about genoicide

RECAP:

OK SO ITS BEEN A WHILE.

AS IN LIKE

A LONG

LONG

LONG

ASS WHILE

SO HERE IS DA CATCH UP FOR YA 

LIKE EVERYBODY WHO YOU REALLY CARED ABOUT IS DEAD OR LIKE, TORTURED.

SOZ

OKAY BACK TO DA STORYYYY

Chapter 46

Chris' POV

Here's the funny thing about genocide...

There is no literal descriptive word to call someone who's committed the act.

Sure there are vague terms such as monster or murderer-- war criminal being another common one as the best examples of the act tend to occur from the hand of some dictator out there. However if someone was to call themselves a murderer when in actuality they had committed genocide, really it would fall heavily short (just as if they were to call themselves a monster, as more than once I've called Grace such a name for merely eating my granola yogurt-- so really the word is quite open to interpretation).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it rather falls into the grey area of the spectrum, words falling short as to what people would call me for instance as I walk past. Some would most probably use all of the above, many in fact coming up with their own colourful abbreviations of the words as they spat at my feet. Some would use completely opposite terms, calling me a strong warrior and a force to be reckoned with. These people would mainly reside within the pack, subjects to a hive mind of century old instincts to follow their Alpha no matter what. However, the vast majority of people wouldn't call me a thing as I walked past-- as what tends to happen when committing such an atrocious act is that people become terrified, and avoid any interaction with you or any member of you close relations.

I do not count myself in the same league as my fellow monsters; I had no ulterior motive or hatred towards anyone else in particular.

I am no war criminal.

However I am a dictator. I am an Alpha.

And I am most definitely a monster.

"Do you not believe us, or something?" James inquired from across the rather confined room, heavily leaning onto the desk which held a rather vast holographic map of Virginia. His wife Shauna stood next to him, both having changed from the clothing they first arrived in five days ago and standing across from me in spare tank tops and tracksuits donated from the training facility.

We were currently stood in what had once been Cody's office, the curtains shut in order to prevent the light and prying eyes from entering. The room was obviously far too small to fit the five people who were currently occupying it, the word 'snug' coming to mind more than once whenever I felt the accidental inappropriate hand brush near my nether region; followed by a rushed apology from acting Beta Richard.

Damn that man had big hands.

"Of course I do." I replied earnestly, addressing the Chief Witchdoctor without breaking eye contact, "You brought my Mate back to me, and that's a debt I could never hope to repay. However, the rest of the pack are going to need more to go on when showing you our defences than the fact that I believe you. Things are tense enough as it is."