CHAPTER 31.III -- "You're joking right?"

******************!!!!!!!!!!!!!ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!***********************

THIS CHAPTER HAD TO BE RE-POSTED DUE TO A LOT OF PEOPLE NOT BEING ABLE TO READ IT THE FIRST TIME. THAT IS ALL! ENJOY... LIFE, OR WHATEVER PEOPLE DO IN LIFE.

TOODLES!

RE-CAP

"...Danny?"

"Hmm?"

"You were right."

"Of course I was... about what?"

"They were killed right in front of me. All because of something they couldn't control. That's why I was running that day and ended up in your world; they were chasing down the last of my clan. Me. They killed my family, my friends, my wife, my little girl... and they were going to kill me. I don't even know if they got a proper burial or not..."

"But Marbháns... Marbháns can still connect to the living once dead. They can enter through dreams and weak moments because of the ties they harboured in their past-lives... they can talk... they can scream... I can't... I can't face them after what happened... I can't bare it... not now... or I'll want to join them in death. I've lost them, they're but echoes now... That's why they came to you. And I'm sorry to burden you with such a thing."

"You feel guilty, for living?"

"...Wouldn't you?"

"I suppose so... but then I'd try to live my life for them."

Chapter 31 -- PART III

FINN'S POV

Four days later...

It had been four days... four days without any change in the mirror or any news from the outside world. Four days... that's eight twelve hours and ninety-six 'one' hours. I felt grungy and cranky, my stomach was growling and I had grown to hate the sound of birds and nature.

Nature sucked.

Period.

Sighing in boredom, I pulled up the bucket that Danielle had crafted and collected whatever water I could, running a hand through my hair in the process while taking in my surroundings and wincing slightly as I moved my shot arm a bit too quickly. Damn that smites...

We found the stream the second day here after scouting the area, drawing straws to see who would taste it and see if it was fresh or not.

I lost.

So once concluding that it was relatively safe to drink after boiling; we came up with a plan/ routine. Considering that Danny wasn't too fond with the dark (A tid-bit of information that I admit I might've abused from time to time), it was decided that she would go get the water in the morning and I'd get it just before it began to get dark. While one of us was away, the other would begin to get the fire going in order to boil it and keep an eye on the portal; ensuring that if anything would change we'd know.