Chapter 14 -- Portals

** THERE ARE GOING TO BE SOME DISCREPANCIES FROM HERE ONWARDS AS I HAVE NOT EDITED THESE PARTS. PLEASE REFER TO THE FIRST PART OF THIS BOOK FOR MORE INFORMATION **

Chapter 14

Christopher's POV

"Ugh..." I groaned, rolling over slightly in my bed. My head...It hurt so much I thought I was going to puke. What happened?

"Chris?" The familiar voice of my beta suddenly called out, as I felt a presence in front of my closed eyes.

Slowly squinting them open I winced slightly at the bright light, my vision blurring before finally focusing on the face of my best friend "...Cody? What...What happened?"

"You tried to shift. Bad move man." He chuckled in return, before slumping back onto presumably a chair and running a hand over his face. Smiling as he did. He looked relieved, why I had no idea. And I tried to shift? Why? What could have possibly...?

Oh...

"I'm gonna kill that son-of-a-bitch." I seethed groggily, sitting up quickly before my head started swimming and I ended up back on the bed. "Ugh shit."

"Yeah that's going to have to wait a bit I'm afraid. Your body's still pretty fucked up." He replied, grimacing slightly at the thought. Wow was it that bad? I can't remember any of it. Heck the only reason I know it happened was due to the soreness of my body.

"...How long was I out?" I asked, dreading the answer really. I hoped it wasn't more than a few days or it would've been chaos in the pack. I still felt extremely tired so it couldn't have been that long

"The good part of two weeks."

Well shit.

"But then who's been running the pack while I've been away?" I questioned, thinking of all the missed work I'd have to catch up with. God crap.

"I have. And it's fucking killing me man! How the Hell do you do it?" He muttered, and now that I looked closer he did look a bit exhausted. Well it's sort of both worrying and pride-worthy that they couldn't survive very long without me. I didn't know if that was good or bad though...

"Well no wonder it's all getting over-whelming you're in here watching me sleep like the pervert you are instead of being down stairs catching up on work." I scolded, annoyed with myself more than anything. This was partially my fault for flipping out...But mostly that stupid Stan's fault for not doing patrol's and instead banging some random girl. Idiot.

"Dude this is the first time I've been here for over ten-minutes in weeks! Danny has been staying with you mostly." He replied, getting defensive. I was about to give a sarcastic reply before what he said dawned on me.

Danny had been staying with me?

"...Danny?" I repeated sceptically, thinking it couldn't be her. She wasn't exactly my number one fan.

"Yes! She's been force feeding you and everything dude."

"...My Danny?" I said, wanting to double check. What? It didn't make any sense at the time! Her, feeding me and taking care of me? No offence to her but it didn't really sound like something she would do.

"Yeah your Danny. The only reason she's not in here right now even is because she had to take a phone call." He replied, still sounding defensive.

"Okay I forgive you Cody," I snapped, begging to get annoyed. Sighing I shook my head "Sorry it's just... I'm having a hard time picturing Danny looking after me."