You're Different (Chapter 12)

{Gaby's P.O.V}

I woke up at 5:30am & changed into my swimsuit. I wrapped my towel around me & made my way to the pool. I just spent an hour or more swimming around the pool. I'm just a beginner so I swim really slowly.

It's nice to just swim in the pool & watch the sunrise. I've never felt so much peace before.

At about 8:34am I started getting really hungry. I got out of the pool & dried myself with the towel. My hair is my worst enemy when it comes to drying myself off because it's as thick as a haystack. Once I was somewhat dry, I went back up to my room & took a shower. When I got out of the shower, my phone started ringing.

I ran to the phone, plugged it out the charger & answered it. I didn't bother to look at the Caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Gabs! It's me!"

"Bel?"

"Yeah! We have a suprise for you!"

"Ugh!"

I honestly didn't like suprises. I either figure them out really quickly or I just can't be suprised.

"What do you mean by 'ugh!'?"

"It"s...just that...uh...I'm not a big fan of suprises. You should know that by now,"

"Oh C'mon. Don't be a sour puss,"

"In case you've forgotton, I'm quite a negative person,"

"Well, can you just guess what your suprise is gonna be?"

"You & Em are comming over for a visit aren't you?"

"I....uh....Gotta Go! Bye!"

I knew it but it's only been like a week. Why are the visiting me on my first week in L.A?

I went to Demi's room to wake her up. "Demi? Demi? Time to get up," I whispered. I tickled her sides like the last time & she just jumped up. "Alright, you win," she laughed. "So what's for breakfast?" I asked. "You like Waffles....Demi style?" she smiled

"Well...I've never tried anything 'Demi Style' but I'd love to!" I smiled as my stomach grumbled like Winnie the Pooh's. Demi makes Waffles really fast. Demi Style waffles are the best. Banana waffles with vanilla ice cream & chocolate syrup. Not a typical breakfast but I like it!

"Oh, Gab, I've got a suprise for you," She smiled. "Are my sisters comming over?" I asked. "What? No. Just hold on for a sec," she instructed. She went to a drawer in the living room & pulled out a plastic bag. "For you," she smiled. "Wow! Thank you!" I smiled.

I looked in into the bag & my eyes widened & my jaw fell to the ground. "You like it?" Demi asked. "Like it? I love it!" I said as I held her Nail Kits in my hand. "Want me to put them on for you after breakfast?" She asked. "Uhh, DUH!" I yelled. She just laughed. I laughed along as her laugh is as infectious as a cold.

After breakfast, Demi & I sat on the couch to do my nails. "Can we listen to music?" Demi asked. "Sure," I replied as I reached for the remote to switch to MTV. "No, from your phone. I wanna listen to the kinda music you listen to," She smiled. "I...uh...ok," I replied. I went to my phone & played the last song I was listening to, Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) by Usher.

"Oh wow! This is a dirty song!" Demi smiled. "I know," I blushed. "Oooohhhhhh!" she cooed. She opened the nail kit with the studs & started on my right thumb. Demi Lovato is doing my nails! DEMETRIA DEVONNE LOVATO IS DOING MY FREAKIN' NAILS WITH HER NAIL KIT WHICH SHE GAVE TO ME! I was screaming internally.

About an hour later, I had the most fabulous nails on the planet. "Ok. What now?" She asked. No work?" I asked. "Nope. So when's the next time you'll see Brian? Hmmmm?" she asked.

"I...I don't know. I need to check with you," I smiled. "Awww," She smiled. "I have an idea. Next Friday! You & Brian could go out next friday," She smiled. "Are you sure?" I asked.  "Yeah. I'm alright with it. He should be free on Friday too," Demi smiled.

"But the last day of the school week is Friday. He'll be dead tired," I sighed. "Oh. Saturday?" She smiled. "Saturday should be fine" I smiled. I was already so excited even though I haven't asked him yet.

"So what other songs do you have on your phone?" Demi asked as she took my phone. "Ooooh! I like this song!" she said as she selected Back Around. "Seriously, Dem?" I asked. "Alright. Alright. I'll pick another song," she laughed. "I've never heard this song. Let's just listen to it," she smiled as she clicked on Banga Banga by Austin Mahone.

"I love this song!" I yelled. "Not as much as you love me...right?" she pouted. "Haha. No. I'll always love you my little Dem Dem," I said as I hugged her. "So...wanna play rapid fire?" she asked. "Uh...sure. You first," I replied.

"Favourite colours?"

"Purple & Blue. What was Madison's  first word?"

"Mama. So cute. Best friend's birthday?"

"23 October. What's..."

Demi's phone started ringing. "Hi. Whoa....slow down, Dallas. What's...WHAT?! You're kidding me! I'll be right there! Bye!" Demi said, "Gabs, I have to run. Something's happen to Maddie. Just stay here, alright?" "Ok sure," I sighed.

"You can go hang with Brian or invite him over, ok? Bye!" she smiled. And with that, she was out the door, leaving me all alone...