You're Different (Chapter 26)

A week later...

{Gaby's P.O.V}

It's the day of the Christmas party. I need to find a nice outfit to wear because there will be tons of celebs at this party.

Demi told me to dress up for this party & that means no pants. I looked in the closet just decided to just go crazy.

I picked a green ruffled dress & put a while leather blazer on it. Now, time for hair & make up. I normally don't care about hair & make up but I kinda have to for this party. There was a drawer in the dresser which was filled with make up.

I flipped through some magazines to find some easy but cute looks. I learn't how to apply a little bit of make up from my sisters, even though I didn't want to. The smokey eyes & natural lip looked nice so I decided to try it out. The smokey eye part is the hardest. It isn't as easy as it looks.

After about an hour & a half, I was done with my make up. I was actually proud of myself because I'm an amatur who managed to apply make up on myself & I actually looked good. Now, time for my hair. I just gave my hair some soft curls. I looked at myself in the mirror & I didn't look half bad.

I got out of my room & went to the kitchen to find a mint in the fridge. "Whoa! Nice outfit!" I heard Demi say as I was looking for a mint. "Why thank you," I smiled. "Explain your look to me," she chuckled. "Well, I picked the green dress because it's Christmas & because green makes you look skinny, just like black & I decided to throw a white blazer on top of it because I don't want people to see my...um..." "Nevermind. I get it & darling, you look amazing," she smiled.

"Really?" I asked because I practically chose this outfit with my eyes closed. "Yeah. It's so cool," Demi complimented. "Um...thanks," I replied as I popped a mint into my mouth.

At that moment, the door bell rang & Demi ran to the door.

Please be Brian! Please be Brian! Please be Brian!

The door opened & I saw a familiar face. "SELENA!!" Demi yelled as she hugged Selena. I just stood in the kitchen & watched them. "Oh Sel, I want you to meet someone," Demi said as they walked towards the kitchen. Oh shit! What now?

I ran & hid under the table. The table cloth should be long enough for them not to notice me. They stepped into the kitchen & I could tell that Demi was suprised not to see me in there. "GABY!" she yelled & I didn't respond. Demi must've seen my feet or something because she lifted up the table cloth & just smiled.

"Yay! You found me! Now it's your turn to hide & my turn to count," I said a childish yet sarcastic tone as I got up from under the table. Selena just laughed.

"Hi, I'm Gaby," I smiled. "Selena. Why were you under the table?" she asked. "Oh...you know...looking for dust," I replied & Selena just laughed. "You're funny," she said as she left for the living room.

She was lying. You're not funny. You're nothing.

I brushed off the voice in my head & joined Demi & Sel in the living room.

*A couple of hours later*

The house is filled with tons of people. Celebs & non-celebs. I am happy to say that I finally met Kelly Clarkson & Miley Cyrus but where's Brian?

Is he even coming? What if he doesn't show up? Maybe he hates me.

That one little thought changes my mood from anxious to just upset. I've confinced myself that he's not coming. Just as I was about to go up to my room, I saw a familiar looking kid walk through the door. IT'S BRIAN!!

He was wearing black jeans, a red flannel with matching red sneakers & blue headphones around his neck. I walked up to him & tapped his shoulder. "Gaby! There you are!" he said as he pulled me in for a hug. Oh gosh, I've missed his hugs.

"How are you?" he asked. "Um...I may have relasped a little after you left," I replied as I looked at the ground.

He dragged me to the corner of the room & just looked at me, "Why? You were doing so well. Why would you just allow yourself to do this?" "Maybe it's because you left," I replied

"No. Tell me the real reason," he says. I don't say anything & just stare at the ground, tears starting to form in my eyes. "Oh my gosh. I...I'm so sorry," Brian gasped, " I didn't kn..."

"No. It's ok. It's not your fault," I say. "No, No it is," he says. I can hear the sadness & guilt in his voice, " Please, look at me," I look up at him & say nothing. I just stare at his face.

"Why? What made you do it?" he asks. "You leaving. You were the only person who actually believed in me. You were the I one who helped me see things that I could never see in myself. You gave me to motivation recover & without you, all hope was lost. I didn't really have anyone," I answered.

"What about Demi? She's helped you with your problems way longer than I have," he says. "True but there's something about you that's just...different," I replied.

We just stare at each other without saying a word. The silence between us is already loud enough. "Do you want me to stay?" he asks. "Only if you want to. I don't want to force you into anything," I reply.

"I'll stay," he smiles & I hug him tightly. There are no words to express how happy I am right now. After I let go of him, he looks up at the ceiling, then back down to me & smiles. "What?" I asked. "Look up," he smiles. Mistletoe. I can't help but smile, thinking back to the day when I hung it up. I never thought we would be standing under it.

He cups my face with his right & looks at my eyes, my lips & then back at my eyes. We tilt our heads & lean in for a kiss, our lips moving in sync, not once out of rythem.

I'm kissing him. I'm actually kissing him.

After what seemed like hours, we finally broke the kiss & just smiled at each other. "Merry Christmas, I love you," he smiled.

Wait! What did he say? Did he just say 'I Love You'? What do I say back? C'mon! Say something! Don't just stand there like some dork!

"I love you too, Brian"