You're Different (Chapter 21)

{Brian's P.O.V}

I woke up & noticed that Gaby wasn't in the room. She must be in the living room with Demi. I went down the stairs to the living room only to find Demi watching Ellen.

"Where's Gaby?" I asked. "She went out back. To the pool," she replied without taking her eyes off the TV. "There's a pool?" I mumbled to myself as I walked out the back door.

I went to the backyard & stood in the middle, trying to find the pool. I looked to my right & saw the pool. I walked towards it & saw Gaby.

She was in a purple bikini, sitting at the edge of the pool, splashing water around with her legs. "Hey," I smiled.

She looked up at me & smiled, "Hey," "Mind if I join you?" I asked. "Sure. Go ahead," she replied. I rolled up my sweats, sat down & dipped my legs into the pool, "Wow, that's cold,"

Gaby let out a soft giggle. "I...I thought you didn't like to show a lot of skin. Why are you in a bikini?" I asked. "This was the only swimsuit in my suitcase. It was my sister's. I didn't want it but I guess she didn't care," she smiled.

I looked down & noticed something on Gaby's legs. Scars. "You...You cut your legs too?" I asked. "Yeah, don't you?" she asked. I just shook my head in response.

She just smiled & looked back down. "You ok?" I asked. "Hmm? Yeah. I'm alright," she replied. "You sure? You just don't seem like yourself today," I replied.

"I'm fine. No need to worry about me," she sighed. She's not alright. I know something's bothering her but she kinda seems like she wants to be alone right now.

"I'm gonna go back in the house. Just let me know if you need anything," I said as I got up from the pool & walked back into the house.

"Demi, I think something's wrong with Gaby," I said as I sat on the couch. "What makes you say that?" Demi replied. "Well, she isn't smiling & she isn't really bubbly today," I replied.

"Maybe she just needs some time to herself," Demi replied. I just sighed & sat on the couch & watched TV with her.

*A couple of hours later*

It's 1:47pm & I'm starting to get hungry. "Hey, what's for lunch?" I asked Demi. "It's lunch time already?" Demi replied. I nodded my head in response.

"Pizza? There's a new pizza place just down the road. We could go check it out," Demi smiled, "I'll get Gaby & we'll go,"

{Demi's P.O.V}

I went out back to the pool but I didn't see Gaby there. I walked all around my back yard but I couldn't find her.

"Brian, did you see Gaby? She's not at the pool," I asked Brian. "Well, I didn't see her come in," Brian replied. We went up to her room but she wasn't there. Her suitcase & all her stuff's still here but where is she?

We called her cell but she didn't answer. I hope she's ok. I got into my car & drove off, in an attempt to find her while Brian stayed home in case she comes back.

Oh Gosh...I hope nothing's happened to her...