You're Different (Chapter 24)

{Gaby's P.O.V}

I run up to my & slam the door shut. I lean my back against the door & tears start to flow. Oh Gosh, why does everything make me cry? Everything was going so well. Why did I screw everything up?

I fall to the ground & cry even harder. So many things are running through my head right now. I can't do it anymore. I get up & went to my backpack. I grabbed a small pouch & opened it up to see my old friends, my blades.

"Should I? I've been clean for half a month now. Should I just throw it all away?" I think. I give up on my thoughts & place my blades at my wrist. I press them down & drag them across my skin. A beaded line of crimson blood starts to appear & a sense of relief washes over me.

"You pathetic fool! You just yelled at Brian & gave Demi a totally different impression of you. You just ruined everything. Why are you still alive?" the voice in my head speaks up. It's weird because that voice sounds exactly like me.

I burst into more tears & slit my wrist for the second time. Demi wanted to know why I was upset today & I pushed her away. To be honest, I don't even know why I'm upset...and Brian. Brian was just looking out for me, trying to protect me & what did I do? I yelled at him.

Maybe everyone would be better off I was just...dead. A part of me wants to go back down & apologise to Brian but another part of me wants to just stay up here & cry.

I get up from my bed & walk down the stairs. I stop mid-way & see Brian & Demi sitting on the couch, talking. Are they talking about me? "Of course they are, you moron!" my mind yells.

Should I? No. Here I go. I go down the stairs & stand behind them. "Um...guys?" I say, trying to hide my shaky voice. "Yes?" Brian said without looking at me. I walk & stand infront of them. "Look, I'm really sorry for what I said. I take it back & Demi, if you feel that I'm too much of a hassle, I understand. I'll just pack my bags & go. You can just tell me when," I say.

They don't say anything. They just stare at their knees. "I see," I say, "I'll start packing," "No! Gaby wait!" Demi says as she grabs onto my wrists & I immediately wince at the pain and that doesn't go unnoticed.

Demi rolled up my sleeve, "Gaby, these are fresh cuts," "Yeah, so?" I ask. "Why?" she asked. "Because I deserve them," I reply. "No, you don't," she says, " You're an amazing, beau..."

"Stop! Stop lying to me! I don't like being lied to," I say. "She isn't lying, Gaby," Brian speaks up. "Please guys, stop with all the lies. There is nothing special about me & there never will be, so please, just stop," I say, hanging my head low.

Demi pulls me onto her lap & talks to be. Brian joins in too. They try to change my mindset & cheer me up.

*2 hours later*

"Thanks guys but I'm like a Cow's Opinion, no one cares," I say. "See.what you did there? No matter what you're going through, you can always make people laugh. That's something that's really hard to do," Demi says. "But you do it so effortlessly," I reply, which is true. Demi is hilarious.

I'm still seated on Demi's lap & her arm is around my waist. The three of us continue to talk & they eventually cheer me up. "I love you guys," I say as I pull them in for a hug.

"So, can you guys help me think of some good food to serve at the Christmas party?" Demi asks. "Under one condition," I say. "And what's that?" Demi asks. "We eat Indian food for lunch," I laugh. "Why?" Brian asks. "I've had a sudden craving for Indian food," I smile. "Deal," Demi smiles, " Now please get off my lap so I can get my laptop to get some ideas on to serve at the party," Demi giggles.

I smile & get off her lap. "Do you want to talk to Willmer about the 'incident' the other day?" Brian asks. "Nahh, We'll just try to, like, drop hints or something," I say, not knowing what the heck I'm saying.

Sooner or later, Demi comes into the living room with her laptop & charger. She sets everything up & we surf the net for food ideas.

After a couple, I feel Brian's arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I scoot closer to him & lay my head on his shoulder & He kisses the top of head like those couples in the movies or on Tumblr, making me smile.