You're Different (Chapter 38)

{Demi's P.O.V}

The show just ended & I am still pumped. I can't even sit down. "Demi! Don't jump around too much, you've got a lot of interviews to do," my managers yelled.

The tour life is always filled with loads of interviews before & after the show. They should be thankful I'm not one of stars that just leave whenever they want.

*9 interviews & 3 cups of coffee later*

"Can I go now?" I asked, "I'm dead tired!" "Not yet, you've still got one more phone interview to do & then you're free," my manager said.

"Great!" I yelled as I stood up straight in my chair. I looked to my right & saw Gaby talking to Fifth Harmony & Little Mix while Brian was with Nick. The girls were really hyped up while the guys were really chill. Pssshhh, dudes.

"Demi, here's the phone. They're gonna call any minute," my manager said as she handed me her phone. 

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi, I'm Hannah, remember me?"

"Oh my gosh, yes! How are you?"

"I'm good. Thanks for buying me that cute top,"

"HANNAH! YOUR JOB IS TO ASK THE STAR QUESTIONS & HANG UP. NOT START A FRIENDLY CONVERSATION WITH THEM!" A voice in the background yelled

"But being friendly will make the star more comfortable & they'll give more interesting answers," Hannah replied

"I DON'T CARE! DO YOUR JOB AS I TELL YOU TO OR YOU'RE FIRED!"

I heard Hannah sighing into the phone. "Hey, is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's just my boss. If you don't mind, I just have to ask you questions & not start a friendly conversation," she sighed. I could tell that she wanted to cry.

"Sure, don't cry, ok? You'll always have me. You have my number, just text me anytime," I said. "Thanks, now on to the questions," she sniffled," John from Washington wants to know who looks after your dogs when you're on tour,"

"Dallas & Maddie look after my dogs. Dallas has to make sure Maddie doesn't spend too much time with them or she'll never get her homework done,"

"Mindy from Malaysia wants to know why The Neon Lights tour isn't an international one,"

"Well, I can't answer that...but my management team can. They were the one who booked the tour, not me,"

"Samantha from New Zealand wants to know how many bottles of nail polish do you own,"

"I only have about 67 bottles. It's not a very big collection," I heard Hannah laughing on the other line.

*An hour later*

Gaby, Brian & I were in my car, driving back to the hotel to pack up so that we could fly off to the next state the next day. I was sitting in the front driving & texting Hannah while Brian & Gaby were buckled up in the back seat.

"Demi, could you not text & drive? It's making me really uncomfortable," Brian said. "Relax, nothing's gonna happen," I replied. "Demi, listen to him, something could happen. We could get into an accident!" Gaby said.

I continued driving & texting Hannah. My arm hit the steering wheel a little but it's no big deal. "Demi! Demi!" Brian yelled but I didn't answer. "DEMI WE'RE IN THE WRONG LANE! Gaby yelled. I looked up to see a truck colliding into us.