You're Different (Chapter 55)

{Demi's P.O.V}

The doorbell rang. That must be Miley. I looked over at Nick. He looked like he was going to have a heart attack (see what I did there?)

"MILEY! BABY!" I yelled as I hugged her tightly! "Demi! You look gorgeous!" she complimented as she entered the house.

"Do you have anything I could eat? I skipped breakfast," she asked. "Yeah sure. I'm making breakfast. Take a seat in the kitchen," I smiled. Rookie mistake.

"Nick?" she gasped, entering the kitchen. "Hey, Mile," he stammered. She grabbed my shoulder," what is he doing here?" she whispered.

"We're dating," I answered. "Dating? Oh darling, you're with the wrong guy! He'll break your heart," she warned. "Thanks but I don't think Nick & I are going to break up," I grinned.

"Why not?" She folded her arms. "Because we've known each other for a long time," I replied. "So have Nick & I. Look, honey, he always has a back up girl. If he doesn't like you, he'll just dump you & move on to the next girl," she pointed out ," I mean, you've dated a Jonas. You know what I mean,"

Maybe she does have a point but Nick would never do that to me. He loves me, doesn't he?

"Um....hello? Breakfast?" A voice from a corner yelled. I turned around & saw Nick, pretty pissed & hungry. "What's for breakfast?" Miley asked. "Demi-styled waffles. Gaby wanted 'em," I replied.

"Gaby? She's still here?" she asked. "Hey!" Gaby yelled, "I am highly offended," she acted. "Well you should be," Miley played along.

*An hour later*

"HOLY CRAP! What did you do to your ice-cream? It looks like shit!" Gaby snickered at Nick. "Oh shut up," he joked. "Mile, can I ask you something?" I asked. "What's up?" she swallowed her ice-cream.

"I...um...what exactly did Nick do to make you hate him this much?" I asked. "He has a wandering eye. He flirts with every girl in sight. He thinks that you're completely oblivious to it," she explained. I bit my lip & stared at the ground. "Are you having second thoughts?" she asked. "I honestly don't know," I replied.

*A while later*

Everyone had left & it was just me & Gaby. "Demi, why does Miley hate Nick so much?" she asked. "It's a long story, hun," I replied. "But I read that they left their broken relationship in past & decided to move on," she spoke.

"Miley may have trouble moving on from past relationships. She's not over Liam or even Nick. She wants to be loved. A devoted mother & wife-"

"Don't you?" she interrupted. "Well duh!" I chuckled. "I won't be around to see that though. I leave next month," she sniffed. I went up to her & hugged her, "I know baby. I wish I could extend your time but I can't. I promise I'll never forget about you,"

"We've been through a lot huh?" she smiled, "I'm seriously going to miss you," "Me too. Promise me you'll stay strong, okay?" I asked & she nodded in reply.

I kissed her cheek, "C'mon. I'll help you pack," She slowly climbed up the stairs & I playfully slapped her ass. "DEMI!" she laughed. "What? Huge ass, cute shorts, what do you expect me to do?" I laughed.

____________________________________

[A/N]

Few more chapters & this book will end.

QOTD: What would you do if Demi slapped your ass?

Comment your answer & feedback on the chapter