You're Different (Chapter 13)

{Demi's P.O.V}

Dallas just called me & ask me to return to my family's home as soon as posible. According to Dallas, something terrible had happened to Maddie. I hope she's alright. I got into my car & drove as fast as posible.

*time skip*

I had finally reached the house. "Dem! Finally! What took you so long?" Dallas asked. "L...Long? I drove as fast as I can & got 3 speeding tickets along with it. What-What happened to Maddie?" I panted.

"She's in her room. Why don't you ask her?" Dallas guestured. I walked into Maddie's room & saw her with a cast on leg, arm & a bandage wrapped around her forehead.

"Maddie! What happened?! You alright?" I asked as I sat on her bed. "Yeah, I just got into a fight with a couple of guys," Maddie replied. "Madison. I know when you're lying. Tell me the truth," I said.

"I...uh...got beat up," she sighed, on the verge of tears. "What? What happened?" I asked. "I went to the park to hang out with some friends when a group of teenagers surrounded me & started pulling on my bag. When I pulled it back, my ellbow had hit one of the guys in the stomach. That pissed them off & they beat me up. I just blacked out after that," she cried.

I was completely pissed & worried at the same time. Who would do such a thing to such a young girl? I am not gonna let them get away with this. "Maddie, do you remember what those boys looked like?" I asked. "Y...Yeah," she cried. "I'll call the police alright. They can help," I replied. "Wait! Don't tell anyone else please?" she begged. "Maddie, I think they'll notice when they see policemen entering the house & they'll find out sooner or later," I replied."Fine," she replied.

*Time skip*

I called the police, we made a report, they left, I had some of my mom's food for Dinner & drove back home.

I opened the door to my house & saw the cutest sight I've ever seen. Brian was sitting on the couch, watching tv, while Gabs was asleep on his shoulder & they were cuddled up in a big pink blanket. "Hey," I whispered, not wanted to wake Gaby up. "Hey," Brian replied. "Do you mind if I take a picture of you guys?....& post it online?" I laughed. "Uh...sure," he replied.

I took out phone & snapped a pic. "Brian, would you like to stay for dinner?" I asked. Just at that moment, Gaby woke up,"Hi," she yawned. "Had a nice nap?" Brian asked as he rubbed her shoulder. "Mmm. Yeah. Hey Demi," she replied. "Hey. I was just asking Brian if he wanted to stay for dinner. Well Brian?" I asked.

"Sure. I don't mind staying for dinner," he replied. I could immediately see a huge smile grow on Gabs' face. "So what's for Dinner," Gaby asked. "I...uh...oh. What did you guys have for lunch?" I asked. "Sandwiches from 7-11," Brian replied. "Oh. Anyone in the mood for Spaghetti? I asked.

"Sure," they replied in unison. After dinner, we sat down & had a little chat. "So Brian, who's at home right now?" I asked to break the ice. "Uh..when I left, my brother & girlfriend were having sex...again. I couldn't hear the TV with all the moaning, screaming, bed creaking & stuff so I was more than happy when Gabs called me over," he chuckled.

"How often do your brother & his girlfriend go at it for?" I asked. "Um...they did it for three days straight once & they never realise that I'm home so I always have a headache whenever they go at it like animals," he replied. "Don't your parents say anything?" I asked. The smile on his face completely fanished.

"They..uh..." "It's alright. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I replied. "Is it alright if I stay here for the night? They're trying to break their record of 3 days," he sighed. "Please Demi? Pleeeeaaaseeeee?" Gabs asked. "Well, I don't see any harm in that. Sure but just don't give us too many details about what your brother does, alright?" I laughed.

We watched TV, played truth or dare, talked a little while more & went to bed. Brian insisted on sharing the same bed with Gaby so I better keep my eye on him. I brushed my teeth, got into my pjs & went to bed.