You're Different (Chapter19)

{Gaby's P.O.V}

Brian & I are at the X Factor set. We're backstage, waiting for Demi to go on & perform Neon Lights. Trust me, you should've been there for the video shoot. She was so sexy & I was fangirling like crazy.

When Demi woke up this morning, she was as sick as a dog. She could hardly say or see anything.

"Demi, are you sure you can go up there & perform?" I asked. "Don't be ridiculous. Of course I can. I'm alright," she replied, "where's my other earpiece?"

"Didn't we give it to you earlier?" the stage manager asked. Demi just shook her head, "Nevermind. There no time now. I have to get on stage,"

"Good luck, Demi," Brian smiled. Demi smiled back & got on stage. She got on stage & starting singing Neon Lights.

After her performance, Demi got off the stage & ran into her dressing room. "I think she's crying," I said as Brian & I went to Demi's dressing room.

"Demi?" I asked as I knocked on her door. There was no reply. We opened the door & saw Demi sitting in front of her mirror, crying. "Demi. Don't cry," Brian said.

"Why? Why shouldn't I cry? Why shouldn't I be upset?" Demi cried. "Because you have nothing to be upset about," I replied.

"Oh really? Did you just give your worst performance on of international television? No! I did! I sounded awful! I only had one earpiece & I could hardly hear anything and do you know how pressuring it is to perform of THE Simon Cowell & THE Kelly Rowland & THE Paulina..."

"But you've performed infront of Simon before," I reminded. "Yeah, but that was with Fifth Harmony. I wasn't that nervous," Demi cried.

"Look, Demi, You were amazing. What happened out there wasn't your fault. You're sick. You only had one earpiece. These are things that aren't your fault. Don't be too hard on yourself," Brian said, trying to comfort her.

"Demi, you need to get back on stage. We're on in 4 minutes," the stage manager said through the door. Demi grabbed a tissue, wiped her tears, blew her nose & did a touch up on her mascara.

"Thanks guys. You're the best," Demi smiled as she gave us a hug & left for the stage.

*A couple of days later*

The buzz about Demi's performance has finally died down but something else had come up

Joe Jonas had a tell-it-all thing & there was a part that was about Demi. It was the worst thing I had ever read. "That dickhead!" I yelled as I looked at my phone.

"Mine your language, Gab," Demi laughed. "This isn't funny. Have you even read this?" I asked. "No & I don't want to," she replied.

"You sure?" I asked. "Yeah. Positive," She replied, "Hey, where's Brian?" "He's still asleep," I replied as I scrolled through my Instagram.

"So what are we gonna do today?" I asked. "Well, I've been working all week so I just wanna rest today," Demi replied. "Oh. Ok sure," I replied,"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure," Demi replied. "Do you know where Joe lives? I wanna hurt him where the sun doesn't shine," I smiled evily. Demi looked at me & started laughing, "Just let it go, Gabs," "Let it go. Let it go. The cold never bothered me anyway," I sang.

"Funny," Demi said as she shot me a hysterical look which made me laugh.