You're Different (Chapter 30)

{Gaby's P.O.V}

"Wait..what? Are you serious?" Demi asked.

"Yes Miss. Your sister, um...Madison, filled a report about a group of teenage boys beating her up & the discription that this young lady has given us matches the one your sister gave about the gang leader," The officer explained.

We just sat there with our eyes wide open & our jaws fell to the ground. I just couldn't believe what I heard.

"But don't worry ladies, we will find him," the officer smiled. "Ok. Thank you sir," Demi said before we left.

"So, what do you guys wanna do now?" Demi asked. "Go shopping?" I suggested. "Sure but I gotta go put on some flats first," Demi giggled.

(I know Demi doesn't wear flats but let's just pretend that she does)

So we got home, Demi changed into her flats & the two of us went shopping. My sisters were "too tired" & Brian didn't want to because he's a dude.

We hit up Forever 21 again & they were playing Neon Lights. "You'll be coming home with me tonight & we'll be buring up like Neon Lights," I sang. I may have done a silly little dance too.

"Hey, Gab, do you like this dress?" Demi asked, holding up a pink strapless dress. "Oh honey, there was a time where mama could wear those but mama got big," I laughed.

"You call yourself mama?" Demi laughed. "Yeah, just for fun," I replied. "Alrightie then," Demi said as she hung the dress back up onto the rack.

"Oh, I'm going for a weekend getaway & I want you guys to come with me," Demi smiled.

"Demi, sweetie, It's Thursday. Why are you telling me this now?" I asked.

"Because....I wanted to?" she asked.

"Ok. Sure," I replied, "Hey, Demz, how does this hat look?" "Cute! Wear some shades with them," she smiled.

"I wear glasses. Can't you see them on my face?" I asked. "Just wear some contacts," she said while looking for another dress.

"I don't like contacts," I replied. "Oh, nevermind then," she replied.

Demi & I were in Forever 21 for about 2 hours. I managed to convince Demi to wear some bright colours. We decided to hit up Burger King after that.

"Dem, look at him. He's cute!" I said. "Gab!" She exclaimed. "Yeah?" I asked. "You're dating Brian," she said. "Oh fine then but isn't he cute?" I asked. "Very," Demi laughed.

After lunch, we went to visit Maddie to tell her about what happened. Dallas was there too.

"What an ass," Maddie said. Dallas stared at her with her eyes wide open while Demi didn't think much of it. "What did you say, Maddie?" Dallas asked in a really strict tone. "Sorry," Maddie apologised.

The three of them started talking, laughing & catching up while I went to the corner to read my new book, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Tough Times for Teens. Yes, I like these kinds of books.

Halfway through the third story of the book, I felt a someone watching me, someone...like....a little girl. I looked up & saw all three of them sitting on the couch, still talking.

"Demi?" I spoke up "Yeah?" she replied. "Is Emily still in this house?" I asked. "No, Emily's in my house in Dallas. There's no child spirit over here," she smiled & went back to her conversation with her sisters

I am officially creeped out but I just turned my attention back to my book.

At about 5pm, we got into Demi's car & drove back to her place. When we opened the door, we saw Brian, Emily, Belinda & someone else sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"Willmer!" Demi yelled as she ran up to him for a hug.