You're Different (Chapter 49)

{Nick's P.O.V}

*Next Day*

"I don't speak Spanish, Japanese or French but the way that body talkin' definitely makes sense. It's a body body body language..." I sang.

"Oh gosh, please stop!" I heard someone say behind me. I turned around & saw Gaby looking morrtified. "Why?" I chuckled.

"I already heard you & Demi last night. I don't need to hear you singing about..."

"Wait...you what?" I questioned. "I don't to hear you si-" "No, before that," I interrupted. "Oh...um...Jesy & I heard you & Demi last night," she whimpered.

"What?!" I asked. I was practically raging. "Look, I know you're mad; I mean, who wouldn't be but it's not my fault! You guys were like really really loud," she spoke.

I had no comment.

"Nick? Say something, please?" she whimpered once more. I just turned around & walked away.

{Gaby's P.O.V}

I gotta find either Jesy or Demi. I ran down to the breakfast hall of the hotel. I found Jesy eating with Jade. "Jesy!" I yelled, "I need to talk to you," "What happened?" she questioned. "Um...Jade....this is a private conversation so um...."

"Oh..um..ok. I'll just eat my breakfast with Perrie," she sighed as she left. "Sorry," I apologied, "Ok Jesy, I need to tell you something,"

"What?" she asked. "Remember when we heard Demi & Nick last night? Yeah well I kinda told Nick about it & now he's mad. What do I do?" I questioned. "Nothing," she simply replied. "Nothing?" I questioned in disbelief, "but he's mad!"

"Look, the thing about you is that you're too nosy. You either tend to include yourself into other's buisness or you start drama with a small petty issue. I mean...that's what I've observed," she said without emotion or remorse.

"Gab, I wish I could've sugar-coated the truth but I can't. You just need the cold, hard truth to hit you for you to learn," she sighed. I nodded & got up from the table.

I decided to take a little stroll around the hotel & do some reflection.

Maybe she's right though. Maybe I am too nosy...

Of course you are, b****!

Of course I am. I'm nothing but an annoying fool.

It's good that you've finally realized that. You can never do anything right.

I can never do anything right.

You always screw things up.

I always screw things up.

You'd be better off dead.

I'd be better off dead.

The monster taunting me in my head is getting stronger. The thoughts, feelings, everything is just coming back. The thought of just 'dissappearing' seemed like a pleasant idea.

I mean, why shouldn't I? Everyone'd be better off without me. I'm too annoying, too sensitive, too useless...

{Demi's P.O.V}

"THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU! GOODNIGHT!" I yelled. I had just finished the last show of my South American leg of the tour. I haven't seen Gaby all day. I hope she's ok. I went back to hotel room & I yelled in horror at the sight in front of me.

Gaby was sprawled across the floor with an empty bottle of asprin in one hand & a piece of paper in the other. "HELP! SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!" I yelled down the hall. Everyone came in as fast as possible. Nick came in first & tried to revive her. Everyone else followed suit while I called for an ambulance.

*3am*

"Well doctor, how is she?" I croaked. I have been crying for hours, praying she'd be alive. "She's fine. We managed to revive her. You can see her-" I didn't let him finish his sentence. I ran into the ward to see Gaby. Everyone else followed behind me.

"Gaby?" I whispered. Nothing. She was still asleep. "Please wake up Gabriella," I whimpered a little louder. With that, her eyelids opened slowly. "Mmmm...." she groaned as she awoke. "How do you feel?" Normani asked. "Terrible," she replied, "I have no idea what they did but my throat hurts like s***," Everybody chuckled.

"Uh...guys, could I have a couple of minutes alone with Gaby?" I asked. Everyone left the gift baskets they were carrying on the table & left the room, leaving the two of us alone. "Why?" I questioned. Her facial expression changed immediately, "I..I.."

"Why would you do such a thing?" I questioned once more. "Because there's no point in me staying alive. Everyone'd be better off without me in their lives," she said, staring at the wires connecting her arms to a machine.

"Everyone?! I was crying my heart out, praying that you'd be alive. I need you in my life," I sniffed. "Demi..." she sighed. "And I found this," I said while pulling out a piece of paper out of my pocket, "Your suicide note. You were holding it when I found you..."

"I know," she interrupted, "please don't make me feel worse than I already do. Please, just let me go. Pull that plug & let me go," she cried.

"No. I will not let you die," I cried. We both had tears running down our cheeks & our faces turning red.

"Please Demi! Just do it!" she bawled. "I won't do it. I want you to live, be happy, be s-" "If you want me to be happy, pull the cord!" she raised her voice. "NO! I WILL NOT!" I yelled.

She looked at me & I looked back at her. We were both crying. We were at a loss for words. We couldn't say anything. "You need help," I croaked.

"No, please no! I don't need any help! I'm perfectly fine. I'm not crazy! I'm not crazy!" she yelled, trying to get up from the bed. " I know you're not crazy but you can't continue to live your life like this," I replied.

"I don't want to continue living..." she sobbed. "Please Demi, I'll never do it again. I promise. I don't need any help. Please let me continue to stay with you. You're all I have left," she bawled, "Please,"

"You'll always be with me," I said as I touched her hand. "But I leave in two months," she sniffed. "I know...but we'll figure out a way," I sighed, "Just promise me you'll do such things ever again,"

"I promise. Just don't send me away,"she cried. I pulled her in for a hug & she started bawling into my shirt. "Please don't leave me Demi," she cried. "I promise"