Chapter 21:

I can proudly say that nothing happened that night other than gaining five pounds because of ice cream, chocolate, skittles and Avatar.

I think we watched it twice, talking through it every now and then. He’d tell me something about how they made that, or how that plant was based on a coral in the reef. I would nod and bring myself closer to him, dragging the blanket up with me as I curled into a ball.

When I dozed off and my eye lids heavy I would just sit and listen to his heartbeat, steady, rhythmic beats of life. That lullaby sent me to sleep with safe dreams because his arms locked around me, keeping me close and protected… Because he was Jay, because he was here with me when he could be with any other person in the world.

…..

The light hit me like a deer in the spotlight; I felt the warm chains holding me within the cage as the bright white light pealed its way past my eyelids. Somewhere my alarm clock rudely interrupted my dazed perception of where I was, but when everything came into focus I found I didn’t mind so much. I was lying with my back on the back of the couch and Jay holding me close to him, his head turned towards me and his chest rose and fell gently in pace. Some of his curly locks had sprayed themselves messily across his face and I lifted a finger to push them aside. He didn’t move and I lowered my hand to his chest where my head rested. I also had a leg wrapped over his and when I realised my heart gave way to another beat. The alarm clock beeped loudly again and Nymeria let out a low howl.

“Nymeria! Psst!” whisper loudly moving away from Jay’s head so I wouldn’t wake him from his peaceful slumber. “Nymeria turn the alarm off!” I say getting a piercing bark before she ran off to my room. I groaned and a moment later I heard another in reply.

“Morning,” Jay whispered. I turned to look down on him before smiling and lowered myself again; he rewrapped his arms around me and brought me closer.

“I’m sorry did I wake you?” I whisper back letting my finger trace pictures on his chest through the blanket. I heard him chuckle and whisper,

“No, Nymeria did.”

“Sorry,”

“Why? You’re not Nymeria,” he said pushing away some of my hair before kissing my forehead. I blushed like a teen and felt my heart soar to space and say goodbye to the moon. Never have I felt something so like this, I hear myself say inside but my mind chained up my heart and fought for a reason I might be wrong, some type of doubt. Somehow it never found it.

 I smirked and pressed my nose closer into his chest. His hand went to the back of my hair and rubbed gently before I looked up at him. Stormy blue eyes watched carefully as I gazed into them like space, our gaze held for light years and yet my breath still came out uneven. It only made him smile and in a fluid movement I was under him, his hand bracing himself up.

“You know you’re fill of oblivious acts of uncontrollable coincidences is just fate begging to be noticed,” I say quickly racing over my words slightly as I placed a hand on his back. He grinned and lowered his lips closer to mine. Then in a tango of lips and passion we met, at first the movements were soft and gentle as we gather the concept that dreams were not here, that this was pure reality. Then as his lips overlapped mine it turned urgent and full of want and passion.

My hands were tangled in his hair as for a moment we pulled away to get a jagged breath of air out, then he lowered himself more so he could touch me. I let out a small moan and his lips went to my neck, his warm soft lips bared and let his teeth graze against the skin within the kiss.

Shivers ran down my spine and he pulled away for a breath, sitting up suddenly and went slightly rigid. I smiled and sat up, kicking my legs out and wrapped them around his waist so I could feel him close again.