Chapter 28: A kiss caught was a kiss naught wanted

__~~~-JAY’s POV-~~~___

She’d been watching him the whole night, I wasn’t sure if it was pure concern or the fact that Arry, my girl, might be falling for Nathan. She wasn’t the only one to be giving the looks, Hayley hadn’t left my side and it was really irritating me. Nathan must have noticed something, or the guys!... Or Arria? Was that why she was watching Nathan? Maybe she doesn’t like me anymore, what if she likes Nathan more?

“I need to show you something Jay,” Hayley said. It sounded so innocent; she didn’t look like she wanted to try anything and Tom was too engulfed in the film to care. She took my hand and dragged me up the stairs to my room, I stiffened and she smiled closing the door behind her.

“If you’re going to try anything you should know that Arria and I are dating and I love her,” I say sternly, shocking myself with the word Love. I’d never said it aloud before, I’ve always felt it somewhere though. When I saw her the first time with her feet up on the table and a book in her lap, messy hair with little makeup, Just pure natural beauty… I’d fallen for Arianna Destry and I’d fallen hard.

.. ARRIA’s POV

“What’s got in you in this downer mood Nath?” I ask sitting him on his bed, resting next to him. He looked down at the sheets and fiddled with them for a moment. “Come on Nath, you can tell me. No one will ever hear the words again, unless you say it yourself and that I promise!” I say putting a hand to his shoulder. He looked up.

..Nathan’s POV

I looked up at her, her big brown eyes with her hair falling down in loose long copper curls. God I loved the way the framed just right around her face, she even had a short electric blue skirt on. She looked tired and underneath it something else, but overall I was taken aback by the way she felt so strongly. She cares.

“Is it about Hayley?” she asked after a moment, taking it careful over the words. I let out a sigh and lowered my head again, you can tell her, my conscious told me.

“I don’t know what I’m doing with her Arria. I mean, she’s pretty and smart, funny and gorgeous but…” I trail off and looked back to her brown eyes. Suddenly I had this burst of spontaneous. Before I knew what I was doing I had my hand at the back of her head and my lips on hers. Her warm soft lips that I’d dreamed of kissing for so long, I moved forward and let my hand go to her hip but felt a sharp pain from it as she slapped it away. After a moment she was squirming away, pushing at my chest, but I needed to keep her close. She ended up kicking my shin and I jumped back snapping at the pain.

“WHAT WAS THAT!” she almost shouted standing and stumbling back to the wall, tripping clumsily along the way. I blushed and stood up to move closer to her.

“I love you Arry, ever since I’ve gotten to know yo…”

“But I’m dating Jay! Why would you kiss me if you…” she trailed off, “He didn’t say anything… did he?” she said. Her face was contorted with emotions, I felt the same way. She’s dating Jay! I could almost hear my heart breaking but I fought the tears and forced words into my throat.

“I had… I had no idea,” I stammer watching as she shook her head.

“Nath I love you,” she said looking sad, “But as a brother, or a good friend. I’m sorry, I… I have to tell Jay and you have to tell Hayley,” she said and walked stiffly to the door, pausing and looking back for a split second. She looked back…

..Arria’s POV.

Nathan Sykes kissed you, and for a split moment you kissed him back… I tried to ignore the thought in my head and opened Jay’s door. I couldn’t help it now, the tears sprung into my eyes and I stood like a manikin left in the road of a truck. She pulled away from Jay and turned to smile at me,