Chapter 37: Tom's Mate

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

~'Nathan’s POV'~

Arria skipped down the stairs and called out a morning before disappearing out the front door. I grinned and shook my head, moments later Jay came down the same stairs with his hair in tuffs where Arria had pulled at.

He gave me a goofy smirk before pushing down the tuffs and grabbed a piece of toast off my plate.

“Classy…” I say as he shoved it in his mouth. He shrugged and planted himself on the kitchen top, after his third bite (More like by the third time the crumbled toast got shoved down his throat as far as it could) he said to me,

“So what did Baby Nath do last night?”

The other piece of toast popped and I grabbed it, smearing jam over it. “Nothing. Just stayed in for the night.”

It was now only Tom, Jay and me who lived in The Wanted’s apartment though you could say that Arria lived here as well. She didn’t really like going back to her house after what happened with Bingo and Ricky two years or so ago. He’d done his time and paid the crime, but she was still cautious in her own way. She told us she was going to explain it all soon, everything and we could find out as much or as little as they could bother to. It was an unusual way of putting it, but I mean… it’s Arria; she convinced Tom to say ‘withered’ so you know… the possibilities are endless.

“You hear the girl Tom brought home last night?” I ask as Jay brushed the crumbs off his fingers and onto the floor. I really don’t envy the person who cleans up after us.

“She did the walk of shame at what? Like one in the morning,” Jay continued shaking his head.

“I wasn’t up then, I was referring to the fact of shouting,” I say watching Jay’s face drop into a frown. A bright red crept up onto his cheeks and he shrugged.

“Arria had her music pretty loud,” he said grinning and winked at me. I shook my head and looked up to where Tom walked down the stairs yawning and rubbing his eyes.

“Crusty eye syndrome,” Jay said to Tom who looked up from the floor. He grunted and took the other piece of toast from my plate before shoving it down his throat, much like Jay. He turned his back to us to look in the fridge before he said,

“Where’s the milk?”

“Arria’s just gone out to get some,” Jay replied. Tom sighed and closed the fridge door before leaning back against the bench top and put his head in his hands.

“What’s up?” I ask taking another careful bite of the toast. Tom didn’t look up from his hands.

“You ever remember Andrew?” Tom asked looking up to us. Both Jay and I shook our heads, “I grew up with him when I lived in Bolton. We were like twins and now Carmen wants to kick him out so he has nowhere to go, but here.”

“That’s alright, we’ve got the spare room,” Jay said and I nodded.

“Yeah, but…” Tom trailed off,

“He’s not one of those fire freaks who burn down your house in the middle of the night, is he?” Jay joked. Tom laughed and shook his head,

“Then that should be fine,” I conclude.

“Great I’ll give him a call,” Tom said sounding a little better. I wondered if I should ask who the girl was last night, I guessed it might be the person he called Carmen so I left it.

***~Jay’s POV~***

Tom was still talking on the phone in the lounge when Arria came back with a few of those eco bags.

“Back,” she chimed in and dropped the bags on the counter. She smiled at Nathan and I heading to put the milk in the fridge but I put my arm around her waist and pulled her back to me. She giggled and jumped a little when I went to kiss her ears.

“Jay,” she said squirming free and put the milk in the fridge, still grinning. “So what have you guys got planned to do today?”

....'

....'

A short third chapter because my Volleyball Team WON Our first game of the competition!!!! WHOOOO! Pumped, but very sore. I'ma be finishing off the night here. Hope you all had a nice night/day/morning/whatever the heel you're at....

:)

Thanks for reading as well!!!! LOVE You all.

Madi