Chapter 37: Why can no one else see that!

Nathan’s POV.

I woke up with a pounding headache and stumbled into the shower. It felt good to have the hot water go over me. After the shower I stumbled down the stairs to get a cupper. When I got to the corner I heard giggling and it slowly gave way to a tall brunet who had on one of Tom’s shirts and a pair of short shorts that she tucked the shirt into. She looked up from where Tom probably was to me before giving a short wave.

“Hello,” I say cautiously and I saw Tom appear with no shirt on and his black boxes on. Isn’t it usually the girl meant to have fewer clothes? I think but didn’t dare break Tom’s happy mood. Yesterday he was really, really pissed off. Tom is known for tantrums, but they don’t last as long as his did. He also walks around the house half naked anyway.

“Hey!” the girl said in an irritating pitch.

“Do you remember last night?” Tom asked flipping a pancake. I grunted and put on the kettle. The girl laughed, It’s even more annoying than her speaking, I think almost wondering if it was worth getting the tea.

“Well Arria and Jay didn’t turn up, wonder where they went,” I say grabbing one of the pancakes from the plate and threw it from hand to hand because it was hot. Like hot, hot! After a few tosses I ripped it and shoved the smaller piece in my mouth.

“So they are dating, I always wondered about that,” said the girl on the kitchen bench. SHIT! I almost hit my head against the bench about four times with how stupid I could have been.

“They’re not dating,” Tom said after a moment and turned around to grin at her.

“Yeah right Tom! Everyone was certain that you two were dating and if it weren’t you two then it’d be Jay. She’s clearly one of those people who hang out with famous people for the publicity, you see her posing for paparazzi and going in public cabs! I mean really come on, you’ve got money, don’t be a Scrooge!” I let my mouth drop open and looked to Tom who was staring at the pancakes. Of all the people! He turned to me and frowned,

“What?” he asked shrugging and looking back to the pancake before flipping it.

“Have you gone deaf!” I say my mouth still open.

“Look Nath,” she said dropping from the counter to put her arms on Tom’s back. It really irritated me that she had the nerve to say that stuff about Arria, let alone call me Nath. “All I’m saying is that she looks like a poser!”

I looked back to Tom who wasn’t reacting in any way possible. I did notice however his hand was a shade whiter than the rest of him though and he seemed to be clenching his teeth. “And what about her being so against saying anything about her past! I mean, really girl! She just needs some serious attitude adjustment, maybe rehab or something like her dad,”

“Get out now!” I say angrily. She rolled her eyes and poured the hot water into my cup before handing it to me.

“Here Nath, it looks like you need it,” she said.

“Tom are you hearing anything she’s saying!” I say angrily and pointed to her. This is only making my head feel worse.

“Nathan just leave it okay,” Tom said and turned off the stovetop.

“No!” I reply and fold my arms.

Arria’s POV.

Jay McGuiness is lying naked next to me… Is this a dream?  I still wouldn’t get over his arm around me, holding me close to his chest. His BARE chest! I rolled over and looked at him; he was watching me with sleepy eyes. I grinned and pushed my chin in next to his hand.

“Morning,” I whisper watching his eyes. He groaned in return before whispering,

“Morning,” in reply.

“Last night was amazing,” I continue in a hushed tone.

“Hopefully the guys were too drunk to hear much,” he said pushing away a stray lock of hair and kissed me again. I giggled and he rolled over on top of me and let his hand run down.

“Jay!” I say giggling and he smiled before kissing my neck.

“Come on, one more time,” he said. I laughed and shook my head,

“I’m going to get a tea lover boy, do you want one?” I say slipping away from his touch and slipped into a bra and his shirt. He crawled over and ran a hand down my bare thigh,

“How about you?” he asked a hint of lust in his eyes. I lifted my eyebrows and pulled my hair into a ponytail and stood to slip into some joggers.

“A sugar and milk?” I ask at the door.

“Yeah alright, I’ll be waiting,” he said. I grinned halfway in between the door and watched him rolled up in the messy sheets.

“Better be,” I say before slipping out.

..Nathan’s POV.

“Nathan just leave it okay,” Tom said and turned off the stovetop.

“No!” I reply and fold my arms.

“Nathan it’s not like she’s your girlfriend or anything!” Tom said trying to stay calm, but I could tell he was pissed.

“Yeah well it’s not like she’s your best friend! Or like you think of her like a sister!”

“I DON’T THINK OF HER LIKE A SISTER! Don’t you SEE! That’s IT! Why does no one else SEE THAT!” Tom shouted finally losing his cool. I took a step back shocked. He likes her?

“You… but…” I trail off frowning.

“Nichole is nothing but a one night stand! I needed to get my mind off Arria!” He said turning and ran his fingers through his hair. I turned to look at who must be Nichole. She had her mouth opened wide and her hand itching towards her phone. When she saw me glaring at her she closed her mouth and just sat there looking wide eyed.

“But Arria’s…” I say and got a glare from Tom.

“I know that!” he spat and then his eyes darted up and suddenly his composure dropped. Oh great I can see where this is going, I think as my head started to thud like a hammer. I turned around neither the less.