Chapter 34: She smelt of green apples

…. Arria’s POV.

I could tell something important was going to happen because Jay was getting really flustered and agitated. He seemed to be hanging over my shoulder every other minute so I decided to go shopping and then call Maggie. Somehow Siva and Tom dragged him away to a baseball game or something that was on when I went shopping.

“Don’t worry Jay, I’ll look both ways before I cross the road,” I say grinning and gave him a kiss before running out the door to the taxi waiting. Yeah I know a cleb using the good old yellow taxi’s that everyone else uses. But why waste money? I’d decided that next year I’d start up my own charity instead of donating to just others. When I got back from LA with the guys I’d be going straight to filming in Ireland for a month and then have a few weeks off before finishing the last lot in another month.

I got out of the cab and walked into the mall, of cause there was pap’s taking a lot of photos. I did a few funny poses before heading off to a clothes store with crazy block colours and sweet bangles. I didn’t mind posing for the camera; I’d grown more accustomed to it since I started and why not do a pose? It’s better than a horrible photo of you pulling a double chin or spilling food down your shirt… I did the second a little too often.

Tom’s POV.

We did a performance at the ball game, the crowd was mental and it was a real buzz. After when we made our way out and to our VIP box we ran into a bunch of younger girls, probably about 15 and 16. One of their older sisters caught my eye, but when I realised why it made me feel sick in the stomach. She had a similar hourglass frame, close to the one that Arry had.

“Something’s wrong with Tom,” Nathan said jokingly when we were walking away. I frowned and tried to act confused.

“You’re right,” Siva said just making Jay and Max more confused.

“You didn’t flirt with that girl and she was really into you,” Nathan said and I shrugged it off.

“She wasn’t into me, what makes you think that?!” I say in protest.

“The fact that she said she was really into you!” Nathan said in a matter a fact voice.

“I was distracted,” I say again in defence. In truth I was distracted, with my thoughts of Arry… She’s ya mates girlfriend! A voice in my head said. I know the way she feels about Jay and the way he feels about her, but it wouldn’t stop the thoughts.

“HELLO! Earth to Tom!” Nathan said loudly and I zoned back in.

“Yeah what!” I say angrily and shove my way into the room.

“Has Tommy got his eyes on a girly?” Max asked taking hold of my ear and wriggled it. I could tell he was trying to stop me from throwing a tantrum. I shrugged him off,

“I don’t!” I reply sounding like a little kid. I was sick of how it was never the right girl that liked me when I liked her. Sure people think because you’re famous you can do anything and date anyone, but you can’t! It’s nothing like that!

I turned around and Jay was watching me suspiciously, god just seeing him was annoying me right now. He was caught out in the act kissing some other girl that NATHAN was dating! Yet she brushed it off and went back to him. Why would anyone do that to a girl like Arria!

“Tantrum Tom….” Siva said taking a bite from the hot dog in his hand. I growled and stormed out of the room. I needed space and time to think this through.

….Aria’s POV.

I put on The Neon Trees album ‘Bad Habits’ and started to dance around the room to ‘Girls and Boy’s in School’ while trying on some clothes for the date I was going on tonight. Jay hadn’t told me anything about it other than to where something danceable in, yet very pretty.