Chapter 36: Two Years Past

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The guys tried to hide it, but it was no use, I heard it anyway and my Twitter page was filled with people saying how sorry they were about it. I looked out from the cubby where I’d slept; Jay was talking in hushed tones with Nathan, Max, Siva and Tom. They were all completely unaware of my watching gaze. I sighed and spoke up,

“Don’t worry about it, I know.” It came out shaky and unsteady. “The fans give their condolences and tell me how sorry they are about it,” I continued watching as Jay came over to comfort me. I crawled out of the dark place and into his arms. I had his sweater on that he’d worn yesterday and it was too big for me, but it was warm and comforting.

“Are you okay?” he asked kissing my forehead.

“I feel horrid, withered and like an emotional wreck… I always use to say it should have been him who died in the crash; I would have replaced him for any of them in less than half a heartbeat… It didn’t mean I didn’t love him, though he was no father of mine,” I say lifting my chin to look into his eyes. After a long moment I continue with, “At least now I can try and forget,” with a weary smile.

“Kim has gone,” Tom said breaking the moment. I turned to look at him, he was looking guilty again. Like he blamed this on himself. I pulled away from Jay to give him a hug.

“What’s that for? I’m glad she’s gone,” he said, but took me in his bear hug and swung me around.

“We should make that our new hit single, I’m Glad She’s Gone,” Siva said making me smile even more.

“What about Perry and Rachel?” I ask. I’d said it more so, so that I could see whether Siva had asked her to stay. When I asked Nathan latter he said he had, but she felt obliged as a friend to go with her. Even though by the sounds she hated Kim as did Rachel.

“Well that’s one less psychopathic fan to kiss Jay,” Max said and Jay winced. Probably not the best choice of words Max.

******_************************_********************-***************_*******

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$<> Two Years Later, November-2013 <>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

                                                                 ~Jay’s POV~

It’s been two years. The best two years I could imagine, everything was going so well. The band blew up even more so than possible, we’d done songs with Rihanna, Example, The Script! Arria had won four golden globes for her acting in the first year; her three films all together had won ten! Five for her first film with Joel Edgerton and Andrew Lee Potts in it, four for other one that she filmed in Italy and her last film she got one for. That was just the first Golden Globes she’d been to. She was suddenly like the most amazing star, whenever she went out there would be at least ten paparazzi following her. The guys and I had maybe the same amount.

In all reality it was at times frustrating; she always seemed to be in this article or under this person’s magnifying glass. She seemed to brush it off like nothing, but she’d had death threats as well. But that wasn’t what frustrated me; it was always running away from the cameras. I’d take her to these little unusual places where no one else was for miles just to be alone with her from the world.

Max had married Michelle Keegan and they were living happily together.

Siva had asked out Perry, though when he did it he forgot to make it private so it was broadcasted to everyone who followed him. A rather embarrassing moment, but she had said yes. They dated for a year or so before she ended it.

Nathan still remained a single man, turning 20 and winning the hearts of every possible girl.

Tom had dated several girls since, none of them stayed very long. I’d caught him holding a photo of Arria and her friend, Maggie. I think she knew something I didn’t about Tom and Maggie, I always wondered whether the two would go well together.

“You thinking again?” I heard Arria whisper from under my arm, she was smiling but her eyes were hazy from sleep. I leant down and kissed her and she giggled before kissing me back, through her fingers she pulled my hair gently.

“Morning,” I reply pulling away and looked into her big brown her eyes. She still would still stare into mine like it was the first time she saw them and like it would be the last. She had once admitted they were like staring at the stars on the ocean. It had made my heart pound faster as our kiss became more passionate.

I was scared when it came to loving Arria. She had a depth a ferocity that made her just as vulnerable as me, but it felt like whenever she stumbled or tripped that she might shatter into glass before me. I hated it because I felt like an overprotective boyfriend; I hated it because I felt like... what if she did?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

!!~Arria’s POV~!!

Two years now, it’d been two years. A lot had happened, a lot had changed. With my dad’s death everything seemed to flow out calmly afterwards. Like the calm after the storm.

Jay and I had gotten closer, I loved it, I loved him. He was funny and goofy, a little overprotective at times. You could tell. When I took him to one of the award shows he would put his arm over me whenever I would speak to Shia or Kit. And they were the two guys I thought knew me relatively well; Kit had a girlfriend as well. I didn’t mind it though; I just smiled and waved as everyone else did on this passing earth.

I’d taken to writing a book about my life, I know it sounds corny and all, but it was something that Maggie suggested I do. So I’d forgotten about writing another script for my next movie and focused on that.

I’d invested and brought quirky houses around the world, finally getting the little, old, Greek villa with white cliffs and perfect blue waters on a small Island that I had always dreamed about. It was one of the perks of working for the amount of money I was given.

Jay and I had gone over to New Zealand and I showed him where I grew up, we’d just come back, like literally the night before we got back. He’d met Maggie and Jack and Keanu. My mates I use to go to school with, the beach were I use to go night swimming and fishing on. He loved the south Island; I had always loved it as well. I’d shown him the passes we use to hike around and stay in the broken wooden shacks with potato sacks nailed into wood for a bed. I think that if anything he’d thought more while on that trip.

I pulled away from our kiss and got out of bed, slipping on a pair of underwear and a shirt before looking through the wardrobe for something to wear.