Chapter 3

A few moons later, Sunkit was woken up by many cats in the nursery. Heatherear, now heavy with her kits, brought a drowsy Sunkit to the end of the nursery.

"Whats going on?" Sunkit yawned. Heatherear watched as the medicine cats surrounded Ivyheart.

"Ivyheart is kitting." Heatherear whispered. Sunkit's eyes widened and she looked back over as Hawkpath and Snowpoppy worked, their bodies blocking Ivyheart from her.

"Can I watch?" Sunkit asked. Heatherear laid down and sighed heavily.

"When you're older." Heatherear said.

"Why don't you go outside with Winterkit and Rainkit. I saw Runningwish outside." Heatherear said. Sunkit brightened up and ran out of the nursery at full speed.

She colided into Winterkit who fell over onto her brother.

"Get off of me fatty!" Rainkit yowled. Sunkit bent her ears back in embarassment and got off of the littermates. Winter kit hopped off her brother. Rainkit got up and shook himself.

"Sunkit ran into me!" Winterkit shot back at her brother.

"Hey! I didn't see you!" Sunkit defended herself. Rainkit jumped out and tackled her.

"You traitor!" He growled playfully. Sunkit kicked him off and they tussled together outside the nursery.

"Kits! Kits!" A cat called from across the clearing. They stopped and looked to see Runningwish.

"Have you seen Snowstrike? I have some... news to tell her." Runningwish asked. Winterkit bounded over to them.

"I saw her leave camp to check the Shadowclan border." Winterkit said. Runningwish looked to the tunnel and started to walk over to it.

"Thank you! Get that traitor for me!" Runningwish called over her shoulder.