Chapter 34

The sun was starting to go down as starpelt was patiently waiting to show itself across the sky.

Runningwish returned to camp by herself. She had been hunting all day and returned with two sparrows, a mouse, and a fat dove she found. Right now she was finishing her second trip back to camp to bring in all her kills to the fresh-kill pile.

"Nice catches Runningwish. You've been hunting all day, why not take a rest?" Snowstrike suggested. Runningwish yawned and stretched her legs, feeling her muscles relax. She nodded her head and padded to the warriors den for the rest she desperately wanted.

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'

Voleeye watched his littermate enter the warrior's den for some well deserved rest. He felt Spottedlegs rub up against him. He glanced at her.

"I'm going to sleep. Have fun on night watch." Spottedlegs purred, giving him an affectionate lick on the head, then got up and headed toward the warrior's den.

Voleeye watched go. When she disapeared inside he picked himself up and walked to the camp entrance.

He took a seat just outside of the camp to begin his watch.

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'**'*'

"Is that the one you warned us about?"

"Yes. He is guarding the entrance tonight, so be cautious. Stay out of his vision. He can see you from anywhere."

"Thank you Leaffern. "