Chapter 1

Birds twittered and the morning winds breathed softly on the new leaf trees. The sun was up just fully over the horizon, filling the forest with light.

Sunkit kept her ears pricked as she shuffled around in a cats fur.

"She's awake early as always." A soft voice said. Sunkit swiveled her ears toward the voice and tried to hear for the she-cat again.

"She looks just like Goldensky, don't you think so Heatherear?" The same she-cat asked. Sunkit hadn't opened her eyes yet but she knew she could soon, but it annoyed her how she couldn't.

"Just as beautifully golden Ravenscar." Another she-cat said, sounding closer then the other.

She perked up when she heard pawsteps coming towards her.

"Is she doing alright?" Another but familiar voice asked.

"Don't you have warrior duties to do? Sunkit is fine Runningwish you can leave." Leaftail, the first cat Sunkit got to know interupted.

"Wait! You're the one who named me aren't you?" Sunkit squeaked. Runingwish came closer and got a good look at the kit.

"Yes, I'm Runningwish. You are my sisters kit." Runningwish said. Sunkit wanted more then ever to open her eyes so she could see her aunt. She struggled and finally got them to open. She blinked a couple of times and squeled happily when she realized she could see.

"I did it!" Sunkit cheered. Runningwish purred in amusement and Sunkit got a good look at her. A brown she-cat with a golden paw.

"By Starclan! Get Hawkpath!" Leaftail said fretfully. Sunkit turned to her in surprise at how urgent she sounded.

Ravenscar hurried out, leaving her two kits with Ivyheart.

"What's wrong?" Sunkit asked. Heatherear leaned over and stared Sunkit in the eyes.

"Follow my nose with your eyes but dont move your head." Heatherear said. Sunkit did as she asked and watched her nose.

"Hm..." Heatherear mumbled. Runningwish got closer to look but Hawkpath got to Sunkit first.

"Hello Sunkit. Are you feeling alright?" The old medicine cat asked in a cracky voice.

"Yes." Sunkit said. Snowpoppy stepped up next to her mentor.

"Sunkit is perfectly healthy. I am sorry to inform that she is blind in her left eye." Hawkpath announced to the queens.

"What?" Runningwish asked as she came closer to Sunkit. Hawkpath turned her attention to Runningwish.

"Notice how her eyes is a bit... fuzzy?" Hawkpath asked. Runningwish nodded slowly.

"She is fine just the way she is. I'm sorry, but I must go speak with Greystar." Hawkpath said and walked out of the nursery. Sunkit bent her ears back in confusion.

"But I can see just fine!" She protested. Heatherear pulled her close and licked her head.

"Yes you can, we wont treat you any different Sunkit." She reassured.