Chapter 12

Runningwish raced through the ferns as fast as she could.

"Barkfur! Barkfur!" She called out. She skid to a stop, picking up and sweeping leaves up with her. She collided into something big and brown and fell back.

She shook herself and got up.

"Runningwish, by Starclan are you alright?" A deep voice asked in concern. Runningwish looked up and to her relief it was Barkfur.

"Thank Starclan." She whispered.

"Yes I'm fine. Sorry... Oh! Yes, Greystar wants to see you in his den." Runningwish said. Barkfur twitched his whiskers.

"Alright. I'll be back soon. Just got to catch one more kill to bring back." Barkfur said. He purred in amusement.

"Dont run into camp like you just came to me, be careful." Barkfur said, sounding playful. Runningwish bent her ears back and her fur grew hot with embarrassment.

"I won't. Have a nice hunt Barkfur." Runningwish farewelled. He nodded and walked off. She sighed and headed back to camp.

There was nothing to worry about. Barkfur was fine.

After a walk in the forest Runningwish made it to the entrance.

"You left in a hurry, did you see a squirrel?" Mousepelt asked from her spot by the entrance. Runningwish chuckled.

"No, it was just important." Runningwish said. Mousepelt purred.

"All you young cats have lost your minds."