Chapter 25

After excitment had calmed down and Foxkit got to see the new kits that he would befriend, Heatherear and Longfrost had named their kits.

Owlkit was a tom with black fur like his father and gold streaks on his muzzle from Heatherear and dark green eyes. Rosekit was a she-cat with patches of black and gold with a splotch of dark orange fur over her left eye and along her tail with dark blue eyes. Seakit, a she-cat, had black fur with white socked legs and light blue eyes.

Acornkit had wild golden fur with a few black splotches on his back legs with green eyes. Patchkit had a mixture of black, greys and golds all over her pelt and light green eyes. Softkit had pale grey fur and light blue eyes.

Sunpaw would always hurry along with her medicine cat duties, which would include going out and collecting herbs, sorting the supply, or pulling out a thorn.

Whenever she was finished and Snowpoppy would let her have free time, she would scamper to the nursery to see the kits. Winterpaw and Rainpaw had become apprentices about two moons ago and she would see them too, but they would mostly sitting around in camp.

Foxkit was more then excited to play with the six denmates that he was older than and didn't have to worry about being smaller. Longfrost had gotten over his shock and enjoyed time with everyone of the fur-bundles whenever he could.

Sunpaw sometimes would see him being tackled by all of them at once, usually Owlkit, or Owlstar as they would call him while playing, leading the group of kits against their father in pretend battles.

Greenleaf was peaceful and nothing was out of the ordinary, just the occasional breeze of prey-scent would drift around the forest. But Runningwish seemed to be the only one who wasn't feeling quite right about how calm everything was.

She passed the entrance to camp and placed her two black birds on the fresh-kill pile. She had befriended Cheetahstep, and they would usually talk.

Lionblaze and Jayfeather had left her in Thunderclan's care, where she tried her hardest not to let anyone down and hunted twice as much as any warrior, to go and visit the other clans to announce their return.

Runningwish padded over to her golden friend who was laying out in the sun not far from the high ledge.

"Did you just get back from hunting?" Cheetahstep asked when Runningwish laid down beside her.

"Yeah, caught two blackbirds. I could've caught a pigeon, but I didn't have the energy for it..." Runningwish admitted, stretching out her arms and hind legs. Cheetahstep eyed her.

"Is everything alright? You've been acting weird these past few days." Cheetahstep said. Runningwish sighed.

"I need to get it off my chest. Do you remember how I told you about Goldensky?" Runningwish asked.

"Yes."

"Well... she was at the gathering and spoke to me. She was only worried about Sunpaw..." Runningwish mumbled, glancing over to the medicine cat den. Cheetahstep stayed silent for a long moment, the sun beating down on both of their contrasting pelts.

"Why does that worry you?" Cheetahstep finally asked. Runningwish glanced at her, then looked away with a bit of shame.

"Well, I would rather have her ask about me, or Voleeye. We haven't seen her in what feels like seasons and have been worrying for her. Then she shows up and only asks about her kit." Runningwish muttered.

"I'm not saying I'm jelous of Sunpaw, she can't help it and doesn't know who her mother is..." Runningwish added. Cheetahstep blinked, a thoughtful look clouding her eyes.

"Atleast her mother worries about her. Thats when you know that Goldensky hasn't forgotten about her and still loves her. Unlike my mother..." Cheetahstep said, muttering the last part to herself but Runningwish heard her.

"You never did tell me about your mother. Can you tell me about her?" Runningwish asked. Cheetahstep sighed.

"Sure."

Are you guys ready to finally hear about Cheetahstep's mother? lol