Chapter 24

Goldensky smiled gratefully.

"Hurry, you need to get back to the gathering. Thank you. Tell Voleeye I'll be fine." She said, then she turned away and ran off. Runningwish wanted to chase her so badly, but with how ergent she was to get away, she knew she shouldn't try.

Runningwish sighed and went back through the bushes and leaves to rejoin the gathering.

"...And we have two new apprentices, Fishpaw and Brightpaw." Pebblestar's meow sounded among the gathering of cats. Runningwish found her spot beside Voleeye and looked up at the leaders. She glanced at her brother.

He was also looking up at the leaders and cheering for the new apprentices. Maybe he hadn't seen her leave to see Goldensky.

When the gathering ended, Thunderclan had gathered and was being led away by Greystar.

"Thank Starclan you are back! Heatherear has kitted while you were all away!" Lilyflower called, running out of camp to report to Greystar. The gray tom listened to her and had her follow him to the high ledge where they kept talking.

"Heatherear kitted?!" Sunpaw squeled excitedly, immediately running to the nursery.

Sunpaw shoved her head past the leaves that covered the entrance and saw Jayfeather sitting beside Heatherear. Sunpaw's eyes widened, there were so many kits!

"Sunpaw, get Longfrost. I'm sure he will be proud to see how many kits he has." Jayfeather instructed, his back still to her. She nodded and backed out of the den.

"Longfrost! Longfrost, the kits are born!" Sunpaw called, running to the crowd of cats entering the camp. Soon Longfrost's head appeared and he had wide eyes when she told him the news.

"H-how many?" Longfrost stuttered. Sunpaw giggled and pushed him to the nursery to see. He went inside with Sunpaw on his heels.

He was stiff with shock when he saw them. Sunpaw sat between him and Jayfeather, looking down at the newborns.

Heatherear was asleep with six kits sleeping next to the warmth of her bellyfur.