Chapter 27

Part 2

Cheetahkit stumbled after Lionstar and Rose.

"Jayfeather! Look, I told you I can catch up to them!" Cheetahkit called. Jayfeather's ear twitched. He sighed and kept his head turned in her general direction and nodded. She kept forgetting or just hadn't fully realized that Jayfeather couldn't see her, but he tried his best to not remind her and ruin her accomplishment.

Cheetahkit giggled and turned to her parents.

"There is a barn along the way up into the mountains where the tribe lives. We will stay there for a few moons, thats where we will train Cheetahkit." Lionstar said. Rose glared at him.

"I don't want this to drag on. And do you really have to teach her all of this? All she needs to know is how to hunt and stay clean..." Rose whispered to him, noticing her kit approaching.

"Lionstar! Rose! Look, I caught up with you!" Cheetahkit called happily. Lionstar turned to look at her and smiled.

"You're a fast runner Cheetahkit! How about when we get to this barn, I'll race you and we'll see who is the fastest!" Lionstar said. Cheetahkit squeked happily.

"Yes! I'll go tell Jayfeather!" Cheetahkit said, whirling around and running to Jayfeather. Lionstar and Rose both smiled and turned forward.

Jayfeatger felt the gold kit run into his leg. He had heard her coming but she wasn't running so fast he couldn't react quick enough.

"Jayfeather! Jayfeather!" Cheetahkit panted.

"What is it Cheetahkit?" Jayfeather asked, making sure she kept pace with him.

"Lionstar said he is going to race me when we get to this thing called a barn!" Cheetahkit chirped giddily. Jayfeather coughed out a small laugh.

"I wonder who will win."

"I will! Lionstar couldn't beat me!" Cheetahkit said, a pout starting to cross her face.

"I never said he would beat you." Jayfeather said, giving her a wink. Cheetahkit giggled.