Chapter 5

I stood up and left the hall. I went to an empty class to be alone. Stephen comes in, making me feel much uncomfortable.

"Sharon, why are you doing this? I thought we had a thing."

"What thing? I don't know what you are talking about." I deny.

"That day....me and you. I thought you like me?"

"No, l don't. Don't be deceived," I tell him. I really want to avoid this conversation but he isn't helping.

"Then why have you attracted me to you all these while. Besides, you kissed me back that day and today also." He raised his eyebrows.

"It was just a game. It didn't mean a thing." I assure him.

"You're sure about that? All we did meant nothing?" He asks.

"Yeah, you forced your way in."

"But you kissed me back." He reminds me.

He became close to my face, really close. I know that I am lying to my self. I want him. I really do like crazy. I want him to touch me, feel me, suck me dry to his fullest but I have to resist him. I don't want to show this bad side of me. I don't want to be the opposite of what everyone thinks of me. My friends don't even think that I would be doing all these with a guy. I have been having crazy thoughts.

"You want me to kiss you?" He asks. He could read my mind easily.

"Huh?" My heart races. I wanted him to ask again.

"Just say it."

"You're crazy Steph." I walk away but he wouldn't let me leave.

"Really? You called me Steph. I've been waiting for someone to call me that." He moves too close to me.

There is only a little gap between our lips. I didn't move back. Why? Why is he taking control over me?

"Stephen," I say in a low tone as his face gave no gap to mine.

I wanted him badly. I kissed him back forgetting that the door was open. I pushed him to the chair and sat on his lap and we kept on kissing. Something just triggered me to stop. I stood up and sat on the chair beside me. I shouldn't be doing this.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." I apologize.

"What? You're sorry? Come on Sharon. This is you. This is what I want you to be. To be active. Sharon, we can do this." He persisted.

"Do what? You are mistaken. I don't know what came over me." I remind him again.

"That's what I'm saying. When I'm too close you lose control."

" No." I moved closer to him, too close to proving him wrong but he was right and I held it in. I wanted to kiss him again but I didn't. He knew I wouldn't so he kissed me.

"Steph." I moan.

"That's it, baby."

"Oh my Gosh! what the heck is happening here? I thought the game was already over." Mara quivers.

I moved away from Stephen and left the class.

"Sharon! Sharon!." He calls loudly.

"I never knew you guys had a thing." She puts her forefinger in her mouth, rolling her tongue.

"You never seem to change." He shook his head.

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes.

He leaves the class looking for me.

"Gosh! My boyfriend isn't even as active like that. That Sharon is a bad girl. I need a boy like Stephen. Damn! He will be bad in it like crazy."

I went to my class. I saw Bella studying.

"Where have you been?" Bella asks.

"Doing something."

"Like what?"

Stephen rushes into the class, ruining our conversation.

"Sharon! I'm sorry. I know Mara wasn't meant to see us." He pleads.

I hit my forehead with my palm.

"Oh no!" I said silently, covering my face with my palms. He just keeps ruining everything.

"So.....that was the thing you were doing." Bella nods, disappointed that  I was keeping things from her.

"Right! You got me but I'm telling you there's nothing going on between us."

Stephen moves close to me, trying to get my attention.

"I know she wasn't supposed to see us kissing. I'm sorry."

"You were kissing!" Bella flinched.

"Accidentally," I say, glaring at Stephen.

"You don't need to explain to her Sharon. let's go somewhere else to talk about this." He grabs my hands but I release myself from his grip.

"Forget about it. What happened meant nothing."

"Don't tell me that. You're lying."

"What are you expecting me to say? That I like you or I love you, Stephen. In your dreams." I snapped my fingers at him.

"I'm going to tell everyone what happened between us that day." Stephen threatens.

"Oh my gosh! Are you threatening me?"

"Maybe." He folded his arms.

"Well......I don't care. Tell everyone."

"Okay, watch me."

I didn't think he was really going to say it.

"Hey, guys I've got something to tell you. I ......."

"Are you crazy?" I covered his mouth and pulled him outside. I can't believe he was really having the intention of doing that.

"You said you didn't care and neither do I."

"Please don't make things hard for me Stephen. If there was a thing between us, please it's over." I walked out.

"I never said it was over," Stephen said out loud.