There's some evil in everything...

Jason’s POV –

“You’re so warm.” Bryn says, hugging me tightly as we settle onto my couch.

I merely chuckle and rub her arm, kissing the top of her head. I feel her smile and a sigh escapes her lips.

No one was home, just me and Bryn. It was quiet if you don’t count the sound of Bryn’s soft breathing. In other words, for once it was perfect. Nothing was different, the way I was holding Bryn was the same and I wasn’t hesitant to pull her closer than she already was.

Everything was the way it should be and that scared me.

Bryn looks up at me and I tuck my finger under her chin. I stare into her all-too-perfect eyes and a smile begins to show on my face. I can’t help but smile when I stare at her like this. Bryn giggles and turns to rest against my shoulder. She moves her hand to grab mine and I interlock our fingers while slouching further into the couch.

“Jason?” Bryn whispers, using her free hand to run her fingers up and down my arm. It sent chills throughout my blood stream.

“Yeah?” I reply, turning my head slightly so my lips were pressed against her soft hair.

“Are you happy?” She asks sincerely.

I nod my head, “Yes, are you?”

“Yes, now that I’m with you.”

I smirk, “I’m just that great to be around, aren’t I?”

She laughs and I run my thumb over her cheek while watching her smile. Everything about her was pure beauty, not a single flaw could touch her and if it did, it’d evaporate. I lean in to kiss her, shutting my eyes as I twist my hand to take hold of her face delicately. Her smile fades once she realizes my intentions and she’s even hesitant because of the simple fact that it’s been so long since we’ve kissed.

I press my lips against hers softly but I feel nothing and before I deepen the kiss, she pulls away.

“Jason...” She sighs, biting over her lip nervously.

“Hm?”

She was a long time answering and I just sit patiently. Maybe she was searching for the right way to word her next statement. I didn’t want to rush her but she knows how fast I lose my patience. As I wait, I play with her hair, twirling my finger around the ends. After a minute of not responding I bite over my lip in worry.

Her shoulders bounce once and that’s when I realized something was wrong. I lean over and she lets go of me to bring her hands up to cover her face. She was trembling and I hear her sob softly into her hands. I reach out to touch her but I quickly refrain from the idea and sigh.

“What’s wrong?” I say softly, finally grasping onto her wrist. I attempt to pull it away from her face but she yanks her arms away and continues to cry. “What’s the matter?” I insist.

“It’s my fault.” She sobs, lowering her hands and looking up at me. I watch the tears trickle down her face and fall onto the couch, soaking it with small drops.

“Bryn...” I shut my eyes and turn away from her.

“It is. Everything is my fault!” She cries, sniffing once. “I miss us; it’s not the same...”

“It is the same, what are you talking about?” Now I look at her with an exasperated expression.

“It’s not!” She yells frantically. “We aren’t together, I can’t stand it. I miss you, I miss holding you and I miss you holding me-”