Chapter 15- Spoon Full Of Medicine

I sit in my cell, studding the knife with the initials D.D. on it. When I needed to let go, to relieve some stress, my mind seemed to tell my body to pull out my knife and admire it.

This time, it was no different.

I could hear the whispers of Glenn and Maggie, making me slip my knife back into my pocket and stand up, walking out of the cell and leaning on the railing.

Maggie's eye never left Glenn as she worried of her father's life. He was going to die if we didn't do something.

In the corner of my eyes, I noticed Carl grabbing his gun and heading to the back entrance. Pulling my knife out, I sneakily followed him, closing the door behind me as he walked down a half lit hallway.

"I'm assuming your mother doesn't know you're here," I said, making him jump and turn to look at me.

Carl sighed, "Hershel needs some real medicine, I'm going to the infirmary to see what I can find."

"By yourself?"

"I can protect myself," Carl said, seeming a bit on edge.

A sigh left my lips, "If you're anything like your parents, once you have something set in mind, you won't let anything stop you. So I won't, I'll help you."

Carl seemed surprised by my answer, smiling a little as he said, "Okay."

We both cautiously made our way to the infirmary, finding a few cupboards that still had some supplies in it. Carl and I loaded up the duffel bag that he brought, before turning to leave.

Two walkers stood behind us, making Carl point his gun at one and I grab my knife. With one swing and one gun shot, the Walkers crashed to the ground, dead.

"See, team work," I said looking down at Carl, making him look at me with a smile. We headed back to the cell block, locking the doors behind us.

Carl wasted no time and dropped the bag at Lori's feet making her look at the bag, then Carl before asking, "Where did you get this?"

"Starlet and I found the infirmary," Carl said, nodding to me as I slipped my knife away. Lori, Maggie, and Beth looked at me surprised.

"Thank you, but you two shouldn't have gone without telling someone. I mean look at this," Lori said, pointing to Hershel's leg as he laid unconsciously on the bed. "This was with the whole group. If something would have happened to one of you then where would we be?"

Carl looked at his mom confused, "We needed supplies and it's not like I went alone."

I was silent as I leaned in the cell doorway.

"I appreciate that, but..."

"Then get off my back!" Carl said before stomping out of the cell. I took a step back as Carl stomped his way into one of the cells. I looked back into the cell to see Lori looking at me.

Her eyes were pleading me to speak to him.

I sighed before turning around and going into Carl's cell. I stopped in the doorway, watching him as he sat on the bed, angrily. "You shouldn't talk to your mother like that."

"Well she's wrong, we needed the supplies and we got it."

"She's just worried about you Carl. She's got a lot on her mind right now," I said, trying to get him to understand.

Carl looks at me, throwing his arm out, "That still doesn't give her the right to treat me like crap."

"Hey," I said, taking a step in the cell, "Your mother is worried sick about everyone in this group. She's sick and tired of people dying and getting hurt and not being able to do nothing about it. And on top of it all she's pregnant, you think this is easy for her? I know your upset but you need to understand that she is your mother and you are her son. Not the other way around."