Chapter 20- Saving Friends/Losing Family

Oscar, Rick, Daryl, mystery lady, and I all piled into one of the cars, filling it with weapons and smoke bombs.

Once we got close to the destination, the car was pulled over and we all got out.

"They have patrols. We're better off on foot," Mystery women said, as I slipped my gun over my shoulder and stuffed my knife into its side holder. Daryl grabbed a gun and a duffle bag, following the group as we slowly moved through the woods.

I asked the mystery women, "How far? Night's coming soon."

"It's a mile, maybe two," Mystery women said. I looked at Daryl, "Hope you put your walking shoes on."

Daryl smiled slightly, "Sorry, left them at home."

I couldn't help but smile at his comment, opening my mouth to say something but was stopped by Rick pointing to a few Walkers, "Walkers, no gunfire."

"I got the one on the right," I said, pulling out my knife and stabbing the Walker in the head. Oscar took the next Walker down, leaving only one more. Or, so I thought.

About 20 Walkers started circling us, making us all gather in a group. "There's too many of them," I said.

"Come on, this way, there's another way through here," Mystery women said, sneaking through the woods quickly. We followed her, finding an abandon car shortly after. A train sat next to it, holding up a fence.

"Is that it?" Oscar asked, nodding to a fence that held a few people with guns walking around it.

"What gave it away? The people holding guns or the giant fence keeping Walkers out," I asked with sarcasm. Keeping quiet so no one could hear us.

Oscar glared at me, ready to say something but was stopped by Mystery women getting up and leaving us. "Hey, hey," Rick said, trying to grab her but it was no use, she was already gone.

"Damn it," Rick cursed, looking around for a minute before saying, "Alright. Looks like we're on our own, let's get ready," Rick said, making us load up our guns.

The sound of a branch breaking made us all look behind us, pointing our guns at the intruder only to see it was Mystery women. "Come on," she said, gesturing us to follow her.

We all sighed, hesitantly following her. It's not like we have much of a choice, she was the only one who knew where to go.

We snuck through the gates, sneaking behind buildings until the mystery women lead us into a small building. "This is where you were held?" Rick asked, everyone holding up their guns in case of someone spotting us.

"I was questioned," Mystery women corrected.

"Any idea where else they could be?" I asked as Daryl peeked out the window. He quickly sighed, "I thought you said there was a curfew?"

Mystery women looked at him a bit angrily, "The street is packed during the day. Those are stragglers."

Rick quickly spoke up, "If anyone comes in here, we're sitting ducks."

As if on cue, Daryl said, "Well we better move then. Someone's coming." Rick cursed under his breath again, having everyone duck down and hide.

Daryl knelt behind me, glancing at me as the door opened. "I know you're in here. I saw you moving from outside," a man's voice said, making Daryl and I look at Rick. He held his hand up for us to hold.

"All right, now. You're not supposed to be in here and you know it. Who's in here?" The man asked, causing Rick to nod to us, letting us jump the man.