Chapter 59- Shit!

The nice hot water washed away any dirt or mud that had built up these last few days. Between getting kidnapped, going on runs, and burying the Doc, I haven't gotten a good shower.

To my surprise, I've been sleeping a lot more and my stomach has been queasier. My guess is between getting beaten up and not being looked over, and the lack of relaxation my body is just finally getting tired.

As I got out of the shower and changed into some jeans, a tank top, my jean jacket, and black boots, I realized Daryl was no longer sitting in the chair, sharpening a knife. His crossbow was gone, along with his small side gun and knife.

When the sound of Daryl's motorcycle was heard outside, I already knew what he was doing.

My hands swiped up my gun so fast, I was surprised it didn't go off.

I raced down the stairs, my hands not even bothering to close the door as I jumped in front of Daryl's almost moving bike and grabbed the handles, stopping him.

"You can't do this alone," I said, already knowing the Daryl was going out to look for Dwight and his team.

Daryl looked at me with no emotion through his long hair that hung in his face.

"You want revenge, so do I. Please, don't take that away from me," I said, my hands clenching on the handles even harder. My hands were right by his, my pinky rubbing against his pointer finger.

His eyes poured into mine, clearly fighting himself on if I should be let on the bike or not.

"You promised me we'd do things together from now on," I whispered, my voice showing how much I feared he'd leave without me. A sigh left his lips as he swing his crossbow off his back and hooked it on the front of his bike, nodding to get on.

I wanted nothing more than to smile in achievement but sat it aside, knowing one wrong move would mean Daryl would send me back. He loves me, sometimes too much.

We drove to the gate, Sasha, Abraham, and Rosita all around it.

"Where are you two going?" Rosita asked as I climbed off the bike, opening the gate. I was prepared to answer when Daryl said, "Out."

"No, shit. You got specifics?" Abraham said, his hands holding his gun close to him as he looked at us confused.

I walked back, climbing back onto the bike and wrapped my arm around Daryl as I looked at the three friends, "For a drive." With no other words said, Daryl quickly drove off, wasting no time or speed.

The drive to the tracks where Denise was killed was shorter than expected. Then again, when Daryl is driving and his mind is set on something, it's no surprise we got there fast. Daryl had a thing with moving fast, yet when he was angry or wanted revenge, he was like a bullet.

We stopped at the tracks, both of us getting off and grabbing our gun and crossbow. Daryl grabbed the bike, pushing it towards the side of the tracks. "What are you doing?"

"Hiding the bike," He said as he pushed it into a bush, hiding it with brush. "Knowing Rick, he'll send someone out to get us, if so we don't want him findin us."

I nodded, agreeing as I held my gun in my hands, grateful to finally have it back.

Daryl started his tracking, keeping a slow pace in hopes of missing nothing while I followed. I kept my distance but my eyes stayed on him so he wouldn't slip away. We had followed the tracks through some woods, a field, and now back into some more woods.

My feet stopped, feeling the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach again. Not the "About to throw up" feeling but the "This is going to end badly" feeling.