Chapter 49- Someone Is Going To Die

A groan left Rick's lips as he started to wake up. He was unconscious on a mattress in an unfished room, Band-Aids filling his face.

When Rick opened his eyes and sat up, wincing slightly at the bounding headache he probable had.

"You know, when I said I'd kill somebody if they didn't stop hurting people, I didn't actually mean to kill somebody in the middle of Alexandrea." Rick looked over at me, listening to me talk before looking at the ground in shame.

"Where's Pete?" Rick asked, squinting a little at me.

"In another home," I said, adjusting myself in the seat. A moment of silence filled us before I decided to break it, "Why? Why take the gun?"

Rick let out an irritating laugh, one that made me want to get up and punch him across the face. "To protect everyone."

"From what Rick? We finally have somewhere sage to settle down, to raise a family and here you are acting like we're back out there in the woods. Now I'm the first person to carry a gun and be a bit jumpy inside this place but I'm not going around beating people up or pulling guns on people."

I stood up, walking over to Rick and kneeling as best as I could in front of him, "I found it it's a girl." Rick quickly looked up at me, shock written on his face. "And I want nothing more than to go back out there and kill some Walkers, but I can't. You can and you're choosing to the point the gun at people that are trying to help us."

Suddenly, the door opened, bringing in Glenn and Abraham. They both seemed distant, neither one wanting to talk at first.

"Deanna's planning to have a meeting tonight, anyone can come," Glenn said.

"To kick Rick out?" I asked, my finger nails digging into my palm at the thought of giving birth and raising my daughter in the middle of Walker infested woods.

That would be an interesting delivery.

Abraham answered my questions, "To try." Glenn glared at Abraham for a minute before turning and looking back at Rick and me. "We don't know that. Maggie's with Deanna right now. She's gonna find out what it is."

I nodded, looking at Rick who noticed and looked at me. "So, got a plain for this one?" Rick asked.

With a deep sigh, I thought for a good minute before looking between Abraham, Rick, and Glenn. "At the meeting, you say you were worried about someone being abused and no one was doing anything about it. You say you took a gun just to be sure that Jessie was safe from a man who up and attacked you. You say you'll do whatever you want them to. Just tell them a story that they want to hear."

Abraham looked at me confused, "Why?"

"Because these people are children and children like stories," I said, mumbling under my breath, "I've read enough baby things to know that."

"What happens after all the nice words and they still try to kick him out?" Abraham asked, not convinced that my wording will work. Talk about no faith in me.

I looked at Rick, waiting for him to answer. "We still have knives, so tonight at the meeting, if it looks like it's going bad, I whistle. Michonne grabs Deanna, I take Spencer, Maggie can grab Reg, Glenn and Abraham cover us, watch the crowd. Starlet, I don't want you anywhere near a gun so get yourself away. We'll talk to them and if they don't listen then we say we'll slit their throats."

"You mean like at Terminus?" I asked, making Rick look at me, shaking his head. "No, we just tell 'em. They give us the armory and it's over."

Shaking my head, I said, "It's never over, even when we think it is." With that, I started to stand up, Glenn helping me up before I walked out the door.