Chapter 58- Doctors Don't Make Good Runners

My eyes starred into Daryl's getting lost in them as we laid in bed in hopes of forgetting the world outside. Yet, every time Daryl glanced at my black and blue marks on my body, his fingers would lightly trace them before asking what happened.

This was how that always went.

"What happened?" Daryl asked, his eyes on the mark on my side.

I let out a sigh, "So, you got your bike back. I was starting to miss it. When do you think it will be up and runnin?"

"Day or two, depending on how much time I get to work on it," Daryl said, his words almost mumbles. "Well, if you need me to take your rounds around the fence I don't mind. You just owe me a night out of town," I said, cracking a smile. This made him look at me, cracking a small smile as well before he knocked it off again.

"The ones that took you and Maggie, what'd they do to you?"

A groan left my lips as I sat up, grabbing a shirt with the sleeves ripped off and slipping it off. "Just drop it Daryl, besides, I'm pretty sure you have an idea."

Daryl sat up, his eyes watching me as I slipped on my jean jacket, jeans, and black boots. "Starlet," Daryl said, using my full name to make a point.

I slide my foot on, letting it land onto the wood floor with a loud thud. My eyes watched the wall for a second before I looked at Daryl, "To us? They didn't do anything."

With that I stood up, grabbing my knife and slipping it in its holder before heading outside. Glenn was the first person I saw, making me grateful that I had someone to walk and talk with that wouldn't hound me with questions.

"Hey Glenn," I said, walking up to him as he dug a small hole in the ground with a shovel. He stopped, leaning on the shovel to look at me. "Hey, how are you doing?"

With no answer to his question, I shrugged and asked, "What are you doing?"

"Oh, one of the kid's dogs died. Wanted to bury it here, so I decided to help out." I couldn't help but let out a small laugh. "Wow, I don't even remember the last time I buried a pet."

Glenn nodded in agreement before returning to his digging. "Well, I'll let you get back to burying lucky," I said, giving him a wink, making him laugh as I started to walk away.

"Hey Star! Denis is looking for Daryl and you!"

I gave him a thumbs up, letting him know that I heard him as I made a U-turn back to the house to get Daryl.

Denis, Daryl, and I soon found ourselves in front of one of the houses, looking at a map that Denis had. "After I got out of DC, I just drove. I remember seeing it right when I realized I had no idea where I was going. Edison's Apothecary and Boutique. It's just this little gift shop in a strip mall, but if it's really an apothecary, they had drugs."

"How do you know they still got 'em?" Daryl asked, fixing his gun strap on his shoulder.

"It isn't that far. I just wanna check. And you and Starlet aren't out scavenging or pulling shifts," Denis said, making a point. Daryl looked at me, as if checking to make sure I was up for it. I nodded to him, making him look back at Denis, "Alright, we'll go."

Denis quickly cut in, "I wanted to check. I just wanted to help."

Daryl sighed, not wanting to waste his time training someone or babysitting, "How much time you spend out there?" Denis struggled to say, "None," making Daryl shake his head, "Forget it."