Chapter 69- Trusting The Enemy

After the "almost getting caught" thing yesterday, when Rick knocked on our door and asked if we were ready to fight, Daryl and I said yes.

Turns out, on one of the runs, Tara found a new group, camped out in the woods. They held more guns then what we needed to fight The Saviors, so of course we readied ourselves with some of the guns we were able to sneak out of The Hilltop and headed out.

Right now, we were walking through the woods, leaving the cars and bike back a bit so we wouldn't be heard. Tara and Daryl lead the way while Rick and I kept a few steps behind them.

The only noise that was heard was the small animals around us that seemed to scurry away in hopes of not being our next meal.

Though they had every right to be afraid, we weren't hunting them today.

"I need to be there," I said, causing Rick to look at me confused. "What?" "I need to be there, when Negan and his men come. I have to be there," I said, looking at Rick, my hands trapped around a gun.

"Starlet, I know you want to be on the field when this war starts, but that's not going to happen," Rick said with a sigh. I quickly intervened, "I don't have to be up front, or even seen. Use me as a secret. I'll hide outside of the wall, and shoot anyone that comes to close to one of you. No one see's me, and I kill some bastered. Maybe even Negan," The last part, I mumbled.

Shaking his head, Rick stopped, letting the rest of the group continue on. "Starlet, I know you want to be the one to kill Negan but it's-" "Have," I interrupted, causing Rick to stop and look at me strangely.

"I have to be the one to kill Negan. Daryl told me what happened and there is no way in hell that I'm letting that just slide under the covers. He has hurt Daryl and me too much for me not to be the one to put a bullet through his head. I'll stay back and won't do anything stupid, but if I get a chance or someone gives me that chance, I'm taking it."

Rick clearly sighed in frustration as his mind battled with what I needed and what I said.

"He's my dad," I said, pulling out the big guns this time. Rick looked at me, his eyes telling me that I was right, but he didn't want me to be. "Fine, but you have to get the okay from Daryl first," Rick said, pointing his finger at me before lightly putting his hand on my back and leading the way back up front of the group as he mumbled a, "Come on."

As we arrived closer, Jesus and Tara started setting up the mini bombs we had while Rick helped Michonne in a high tree. She was the backup, keeping a look out for Walkers and shooting any stragglers that may be trying to escape.

Of course we'd give them a warning shot first. Maybe.

My place was close to the armory, sitting in a low tree and shooting at anyone's feet that was there, leading them away so we could get in.

"Hey," Daryl said, pulling me from the plan that replayed in my head. I turned and looked at my husband, his hand lightly on my arm. "I'll give you the okay when it's safe to come down."

I nodded, "Okay, be careful out there," I said, leaning up and giving him a kiss that he returned. "You too," He whispered back to me, his hand giving my arm a little squeeze before he turned and left with Rick and the group. They disappeared in the woods, leaving only Michonne a few tree's down and me.

Ever since Daryl came back, he's been so much clingier. Continuously worrying about the baby and me. Always wanting me to stay back. And more emotionally. Like now, he kissed me and wanted me to be careful, I mean, sure that's what he did before but I can feel his nerves when he touches me. Even when we sleep and his arm is around me, he's so fearful something will happen to me. Or him.